Old CaTS Technology Learns a New Trick

A subsea transceiver mounted to a casing debris-cap is one of the elements required to get valuable reservoir data from an abandoned well back to engineers. Source: Expro

Somewhere offshore Norway there is an abandoned appraisal well that is unlike any other. Despite being a non-producer, inside it are pressure gauges meant to reveal clues on how the reservoir will ultimately give up its resources.

Developed by service firm Expro, the technology being discussed here is the cableless telemetry system (CaTS). Instead of running the requisite productivity test and then leaving an appraisal well behind for months or years until a field is ready for development, operators use the CaTS for the long-term collection of transient pressure data that will help them narrow the uncertainties of where to drill next.

It works by sending data from battery-powered pressure and temperature gauges though a well’s metal casing via an electro-magnetic (EM) transmitter, a critical ingredient to Expro’s approach.

“There are many different telemetry systems and technologies, [e.g.] acoustic, mud pulse,” explained Stephen Kelly, a product line manager for Expro’s wireless well solutions group. “But the thing about the EM system is that the signal is unaffected by any barriers in its path. So bridge plugs have no impact, and cement plugs, zero impact.”

Open Hole Hop

As is the norm for an appraisal well, this one was used to run tests that help determine key things such as permeability before being plugged up.

But less normal is the fact that the operation involved installing a sensor within the pilot-hole section of the well before cutting its casing and installing a rock-to-rock cement plug. The upper casing was then also cut some 15 feet below the mudline, per Norwegian regulations that aim to eliminate the risk of a fishing vessel’s trawling net getting snagged onto the wellhead.

The CaTS transceiver installed at the seabed. Source: Expro

Model Capabilities

What kept the engineers unsure of their technology’s capabilities was the model that Kelly described as the “brains of the operation” which is used to predict how the CaTS and all its bespoke components may work in each well scenario.

This model balances out three defining parameters for each job: rate, range, and duration. In other words, the CaTS engineers need to know how many data points does the operator need over a given period, how far can that data be transmitted, and how long does the monitoring system need to stay powered up. Depending on the answer to these questions, a CaTS can be designed to last for 3-7 years before its batteries die, at which point the units can be left in place or retrieved for a battery swap.

But to understand the uncased scenario, the team turned to a different 3D model which suggested that data could be transmitted this way if repeater units were placed close to where the casing was cut.

When the rig pulled off location, success was confirmed when a support vessel was still receiving pressure data from the CaTS. This seemingly small development for a well-proven technology confirmed that the CaTS can work in a wider envelope of abandoned or suspended well designs than was once believed.

Expro is anticipating that this latest example of its telemetry skills will lead to more instrumentation work in wells with casing breaks or longer open-hole sections. The company also has plans to create a new generation of the CaTS, a project that will consider whether to upgrade its pressure rating from 15,000 PSI to 20,000 PSI in order to add to its potential application ultra-high-pressure basins such as the Gulf of Mexico.

This diagram shows how Expro’s telemetry system was used to transmit data without the usual requirement of continuous casing. Source: Expro

Old CaTS Technology Learns a New Trick

Trent Jacobs, JPT Digital Editor

12 June 2018

https://www.spe.org

https://www.ogdaily.com/

Latest E&P Jobs

Apply by:November 30, 2018 Position type:Employee (Office / Offshore Core) Job category:Technical/Engineering Job ID #:29776 Corporate Overview Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for
Apply by:December 5, 2018 Position type:Employee (Office / Offshore Core) Job category:Functional Job ID #:29959 Corporate Overview Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for
Apply by:November 15, 2018 Position type:Employee (Office / Offshore Core) Job category:Technical/Engineering Job ID #:29892 Corporate Overview Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for
Outline Job Description: You will be assisting the project team in delivering seismic processing and depth imaging projects. Initially, you will learn and develop your technical skills through tasks as follow: Seismic velocity analysis and QC. Production QC of processing stages. Creating QC attributes such as RMS maps and horizons. Running and managing production work flows on company computer system. Test
Job Responsibilities: Checking and logging client data upon receipt Loading seismic and other data into the system Assisting with transcription of data and outputs as required to standard formats for client delivery Keeping accurate records and documentations as required of all client data whilst in our possession Arranging the field tape and any other data shipments Performing other related data
Enjoy solving problems? Want to expand your knowledge in a range of geophysical domains? Do you have geology, geophysics, or QI experience and are looking for a change of scene? Ever thought about geophysical software support? We’re looking for a Houston-based professional for our geophysical software support team. DUG has the best software support in the industry. We pride ourselves
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/21/2018 1:53:02 AM 3184103 Job Function: Services Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): Algeria; Algiers Role Summary:– Remote Monitoring Engineer is to perform daily vibration analysis / machinery diagnostics, report preparation, alarm & event management, and System1 optimization for rotating machinery at a Customer’s site in Algiers, as part of a
Date: Oct 21, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the
Date: Oct 21, 2018 Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118 Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation
Hello, future! Here we come. CH2M is now Jacobs. Today is the day when everything about our industry changes. Today, our two great companies join together to deliver more: The promise of a more connected, sustainable world. As our two great companies unite, you may see legacy branding, language or processes and you may be hired into either CH2M or
Date: Oct 20, 2018 Location: Minot, North Dakota, US  ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of
Date: Oct 20, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the
Date: Oct 19, 2018 Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118 Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation
Req ID: R0878 Date Posted: 10/19/2018 Greater London Area | Greater Paris Area An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Analyst to join our Global Gas markets team, based from our London office. Our Global Gas offering consists of detailed analysis of LNG markets as well as natural gas research from our six regional integrated power, gas, coal
Req ID: R5842 Date Posted: 10/19/2018 Greater Singapore Area Position Summary IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber analyst to join company’s fast-growing Asia Pacific Power, Gas, Renewables and Coal (APAC PGCR) practice, based in Singapore and focusing on the Asia gas and LNG markets. The principal responsibility will be to help shape the gas market research and outlooks
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/19/2018 11:55:52 AM 3190185 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United Kingdom; Cramlington Role Summary:The Operations Engineering Team is responsible for the evaluation and specification of PPS equipment design in relation to any intended contract and any modifications to either the PPS equipment or the client’s equipment to
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/19/2018 11:56:13 AM 3195093 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): Italy; Florence Role Summary:As a Subsea Trees Lead Engineer, you will work within the Subsea Well Systems Engineering Organization, reporting solid line to the Engineering Manager and you will support requisition projects, and/or NPI/Product Structuring programs.You will take part
GE Oil & Gas Entry-Level Posted 10/19/2018 11:56:18 AM 3195075 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): Italy; Florence Role Summary:BHGE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.As a Mechanical Design Engineer of subsea christmas trees, you will work within the Subsea Well Systems Engineering
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/19/2018 12:57:11 PM 3189855 Job Function: Services Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston Role Summary:The Reciprocating Compressor Senior Services Director will manage the profit and loss of the Reciprocating Compressor aftermarket business including executing the daily operations of global service shop, field service and parts operations to
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/19/2018 6:58:40 PM 3183023 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston Role Summary:BakerHughes a GE Company (BHGE) Oil Field Services (OFS) eCommerce team is looking for a motivated, technical product manager to lead Operations & Development organization to support and build eCommerce applications which enable our
GE Oil & Gas Entry-Level Posted 10/19/2018 6:58:42 PM 3188451 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Location(s): United States; Nevada; Minden Role Summary:The Software Engineer will work as a valued team member of an Agile software development team and will work developing high quality software products that meet customer needs in a competitive and exciting work
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/19/2018 6:58:49 PM 3189057 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston Role Summary:The Data Engineer will work with the team to create data and analytics driven solutions, working across BHGE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools
date: Oct 19, 2018 location: Calgary, Alberta, CA Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. We approach challenges with integrity, ingenuity and respect. By valuing our employees, our partners, and our world, we’ve created a company that’s responsibly moving the world forward. Chevron has been active in Canada
date: Oct 19, 2018 location: Makati, NCR (Manila), PH Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including
date: Oct 19, 2018 location: Beijing Office, Beijing, CN Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including
DEVELOPMENT & ENGINEERING  – KATY, TX, USA ER00082   – DEADLINE: 2018-11-07 A WORLD CLASS COMPANY Welltec® is an international oilfield service company and one of the leading providers of intervention solutions for oil and gas wells. We develop and manufacture precision-controlled technologies that have been embraced by the world’s major oil and gas producers and won a series of
Date: Oct 18, 2018 Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118 Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation
Date: Oct 18, 2018 Location: Keene, North Dakota, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of
Job ID: 266759 Country: Canada Location: St. Johns Company: Equinor Canada Ltd. Contact Name: Elaine Nishihata Workplace: Onshore Discipline: Drilling & Well Education Preferred: Bachelor or Master’s degree Experience Preferred: 5 – 7 Years Closing Date: Oct 31 2018 Job Description We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil,
Job ID: 266930 Country: USA Location: Austin, Texas Company: Equinor US Operations LLC Contact Name: Stephanie Jayne Anderson Workplace: Onshore Discipline: Drilling & Well Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree Experience Preferred: 7 – 10 Years Closing Date: Oct 31 2018  Job Description We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil,
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/18/2018 10:37:25 PM 3189865 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston, other Role Summary:The SPCO Services Lead Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives for the Surface Pressure Control & Offshore product lines. In this role you will utilize your experience and knowledge
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/18/2018 11:55:43 PM 3176282 Job Function: Sales Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions Location(s): Singapore; Singapore Role Summary:Responsible for Technical support on Digital products and Diagnostics Life cycle management of assets. Essential Responsibilities:– Create awareness and interest for customers through technical presentation to customers on Digital products and Valve lifecycle management tools
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/18/2018 11:55:39 PM 3176801 Job Function: Manufacturing Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions Location(s): United States; Florida; Jacksonville Role Summary:The Inventory Leader will coordinate and execute the inventory and fulfillment strategy with the Materials Manager for the Materials Team to deliver the OP quarterly inventory targets for the business (balance & SMI).
Job ID: 00RIY Category: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs Location: Houston, TX Position Summary The Commercial Gas Activities Intern will provide contract management support for the Commercial Gas Activities organization. Responsibilities may include: Administering gas gathering, transportation and processing contracts Providing analytic and research support to Gas Contract Advisors Providing research and contract administration support for acquisitions and dispositions
Job ID: 00RJ7 Category: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs Location: Jakarta, Jakarta Raya (Djakarta Raya) COMPANY OVERVIEW ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding
Job ID: 4070 Region: Americas Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, US Closing date: Friday December 7, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Permanent Job Description Fugro has recently established the Marine Geomatics Center of Excellence at its Lafayette, Louisiana campus. The core technologies and expertise of this new group revolve around the science of deriving information about the earth’s physical features
Job ID: 4079 Region: Americas Location: Ventura, California, US Closing date: Saturday November 10, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Temporary Job Description Perform professional engineering work assignments designed to develop and increase professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Moderate exercise of judgment
Location: Stavanger, Norway Apply by:November 4, 2018 Position type:Contract (Office) Job category:Technical/Engineering Job ID #:29871 Corporate Overview Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 4:53:46 AM 3117452 Job Function: Manufacturing Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester Role Summary:Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick & effective
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 8:54:55 AM 3183724 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Location(s): India; Mumbai Role Summary:Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 8:54:57 AM 3183466 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters Location(s): India; Bengaluru Role Summary:The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers’ toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Lead Data Engineer will
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 8:55:17 AM 3192926 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): China; SiChuan; Chengdu Role Summary:The Lead Controls Engineer to work on the design and development of GE Drilling Control Systems. In this role, will be exposed to all aspects of the control system, including application software, simulation, model
Business Development Executive – Intertek696 Job Information Job Title: Business Development Executive Job Code: Job Category: Business Development Job Location: Wilton, United Kingdom This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our dynamic team based in Wilton. Do you love to travel and implement growth opportunities? Do you have experience within a business development or technical sales role? Do
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 10:59:50 AM 3189470 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): Poland; Warsaw Role Summary: Software development and maintenance of components, systems and networks for Oil&Gas Production Control Systems Analyse user needs to design and code Program control systems, applications, components and interfaces Participate actively in design and code
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 8:56:31 PM 3193389 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United States; Nevada; Minden Role Summary:This position is for a Principal Mechanical Engineer for the BN Mechanical Engineering Team. Essential Responsibilities:The Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for mentoring discipline specific engineers in New Product Introduction (NPI), New Technology
Date: Oct 17, 2018 Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118 Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/17/2018 8:56:34 PM 3193405 Job Function: Manufacturing Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United States; Nevada; Minden Role Summary:In this role, you will be a manufacturing process owner responsible for sustaining multiple processes and resolving day-to-day issues with immediate action. You will also be responsible for managing and executing multiple process
Specialist Land – Lease & Contracts Job Date: Oct 17, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one
Date: Oct 17, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater
Req ID: R0878 Date Posted: 10/17/2018 Greater Paris Area An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Analyst to join our Global Gas markets team, based from our London office. Our Global Gas offering consists of detailed analysis of LNG markets as well as natural gas research from our six regional integrated power, gas, coal and renewables services (covering
Job ID: 4063 Region: Europe Location: Wallingford, UK Closing date: Friday November 30, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Permanent Job Description Senior Geotechnical Consultant Wallingford Fugro is the world leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions. We are looking for confident, talented and innovative individuals to join our UK land and near-shore geotechnical consultancy team which
Date: Oct 16, 2018 Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118 Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation
date: Oct 16, 2018 location: Calgary, Alberta, CA Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. We approach challenges with integrity, ingenuity and respect. By valuing our employees, our partners, and our world, we’ve created a company that’s responsibly moving the world forward. Chevron Canada Limited has been active
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 3:55:25 AM 3188691 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai Role Summary:In this role as a test engineer, you will be part of a development team working in new product introduction. This team is responsible for the development of next generation RAD system. Essential Responsibilities:You
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 3:55:27 AM 3188687 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai Role Summary:In this role as a mechanical engineer, you will be part of a team working for RAD NPI programs as well as product quality improvement and sustaining activities. This team is responsible for the
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 3:55:33 AM 3188674 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai Role Summary:The M&C China engineering operations leader is responsible for overall China engineering operating metrics, including: engineering productivity, quality, OTD, financials, HSE, etc., and lead internal communications and operating reviews. Operations leader need to take
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 6:58:32 AM 3185222 Job Function: Quality Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): United Kingdom; Nailsea Role Summary:Develop and maintain systems, rules, and processes to ensure fulfillment of internal and external requirements. Ensures that projects and products are capable and will meet specified standards (Preventive). Requires mastery of a body of theoretical
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 2:55:44 PM 3157878 Job Function: Sales Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston Role Summary:As the Lead Proposals Specialist, you will be responsible for the preparation of service overhaul and repair proposals/bids for subsea drilling equipment, contract negotiations, compliance with contract commitments, and conducting commercial risk assessments. Essential
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 4:56:15 PM 3079051 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions Location(s): United States; New York; Skaneateles Role Summary:BHGE Inspection Technologies seeks a Senior Software Developer: Imaging, 3D Rendering, and Algorithm Development for the R&D Engineering Team. This candidate will help team develop the most advanced hand-held remote visual inspection (RVI)
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/16/2018 10:54:29 PM 3067964 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Location(s): India; Mumbai Role Summary:• Champion & lead adoption of performance testing practices, techniques, tools for multiple product teams. • Will serve as an expert to guide & review non functional requirements Essential Responsibilities:• Builds and maintains a scalable, portable,
Full-time Company Description In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir). Job Description Job Summary : The Senior Geoscientist
Full-time Company Description In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir). CGG’s consulting services offer comprehensive geoscience knowledge and
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/15/2018 5:53:31 AM 3190175 Job Function: Manufacturing Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): United Kingdom; Montrose Role Summary:Providing support within a busy Manufacturing Engineering office, the Manufacturing Engineering Support will be responsible for creating and maintaining the documentation required to successfully manufacture components in our Brent Avenue machine shop. Essential Responsibilities: Create
GE Oil & Gas Entry-Level Posted 10/15/2018 8:54:45 AM 3135591 Job Function: Project Management Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Location(s): United Kingdom; Nailsea, Aberdeen, Montrose Role Summary:This posting is for the position of Project Planner & Coordinator for BHGE Subsea Production Systems and Services business based out of Bristol, planning a subsea project and will be accountable for
E&M Specialist – (1806209) Job Overview:  Work with E&M Mission Equipment Group to minimize crane downtime and maintain a safety culture with a goal of zero incidents. Conduct annual audits to verify crane maintenance is being done accordance with MDR guidelines. Maintain, update, develop new training manuals used to instruct and teach maintenance and inspection personnel.  Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:  Conduct training classes to
Job ID: 3557 Region: Europe Location: Nootdorp, NL Closing date: Wednesday October 31, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Permanent Job Description Fugro is a market leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources across the globe. Due to the increased workload we are looking for a Principal Geophysicist to strengthen
Description  CH2M is now Jacobs! Join our geotechnical team (400 engineers in Europe) and become a part of our Global Design Center. As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating geotechnical data, conducting geotechnical and other numerical analyses, geotechnical design for water conveyance and soil structures, writing reports and developing earthwork design recommendations.             
Req ID 93641BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) Ohio Location United States – Ohio – Toledo Role synopsis BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an
Full-time Company Description In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir). CGG is a recognized leader in subsurface imaging
Job ID: 3200 Region: Europe Location: Nootdorp, NL Closing date: Wednesday October 31, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Permanent Job Description Fugro is a market leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources across the globe. Due to the increased workload we are looking for Office Geophysicists (Marine Geologist)  to strengthen
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, br Full-time Company Description In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir). Job
Description   JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients.  As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 400 geotechnical and tunnelling engineers
Description JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients.  As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 400 geotechnical and tunnelling engineers delivering
Job ID: 4089 Region: Middle East and India Location: Abu Dhabi, AE Closing date: Wednesday October 24, 2018 Employment status: Experienced Professional Employment type: Permanent Job Description The Geotechnical Site Manager leads and manages all fieldworks from onboard the vessel. The role ensure projects are executed in accordance with contract requirements and the operational plan defined by the project manager.
Regular Full-Time Do you want to help ensure safety in the Oil and Natural Gas industry? Come join the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a member of our Global Industry Services (GIS) team. GIS is dedicated to providing valuable products and services to the international oil and gas industry through certification, training, publications, statistics, and events. As our Monogram Associate,
Location:Bergen, Norway Apply by:November 22, 2018 Position type:Contract (Office) Job category:Technical/Engineering Job ID #:29829 Corporate Overview Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more
Job ID: 17571 Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links: EEO is the Law EEO is the Law Supplement Pay Transparency Provision BASIC ACCOUNTABILITY:  The Category
Date: Oct 12, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the
TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions. Develops and optimizes
Date: Oct 11, 2018 Location: Houston, Texas, US ABOUT HESS CORPORATION Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the
American Midstream Partners, LP is a growth-oriented limited partnership formed to provide critical midstream infrastructure that links producers of natural gas, crude oil, NGLs, condensate and specialty chemicals to end-use markets. American Midstream’s assets are strategically located in some of the most prolific onshore and offshore basins in the Permian, Eagle Ford, East Texas, Bakken and Gulf Coast. American Midstream
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/11/2018 9:55:10 AM 3184201 Job Function: Services Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina,
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/11/2018 12:58:39 PM 3182103 Job Function: Services Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/11/2018 3:55:24 PM 3158602 Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions Location(s): United States; Massachusetts; Foxborough Role Summary:The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the development of control valve & related products for the Flow & Process Technologies division of Baker Hughes, a GE company. Activities will include providing technical leadership
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/11/2018 3:55:29 PM 3184133 Job Function: Quality Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls Location(s): United States; Massachusetts; Billerica Role Summary:The Lead Quality Engineer is responsible for providing quality support for the procurement and manufacture of flow, gas and moisture measurement and analysis products for the BHGE Panametrics business. The individual will be
GE Oil & Gas Experienced Posted 10/11/2018 7:55:48 PM 3188914 Job Function: Digital Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston Role Summary:This role, in close partnership with HR, will be responsible for leading the HR systems transformation for Baker Hughes, a GE company. This role will interface closely with the HR organization and will require
Title: Principal Structural Engineer Grade: Permanent Reports to: Director of Engineering, Europe Location: London Job Overview A Principal Structural Engineer who will be engaged in engineering studies for the Oil & Gas and Offshore Renewable Energy industries. Primary requirements will be knowledge of and proven experience in the analysis and assessment of Mobile Offshore Jack-Up Units. This role is being

Upcoming Events

1. GOTECH 2018

October 22 @ 08:00 - October 23 @ 17:00
  2. SPE London

October 23
  3. Oil & Gas Expo Kiev

October 23 - October 25
  4. APOGCE Brisbane

October 23 - October 25
  5. Oil & Gas Vietnam

October 23 - October 25
  6. International Well Control Conference & Exhibition Milan

October 23 - October 24
  7. Black Sea Oil & Gas Forum Romania

October 23 - October 24
  8. AAPG Workshop: Deep & Ultra-deep Petroleum Systems Beijing

October 26 - October 28
  9. Women’s Global Leadership Conference in Energy Houston

October 29 - October 30
  10. SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference & Exhibition Kazakhstan

October 31 - November 2

E&P Jobs Categories

June 2018
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930