14 Jun 2018
Lloyd’s Register and Lloyd’s Register Foundation launch a consultation into the safe adoption of energy storage in areas related to infrastructure and supply chains.
- electrical systems (generation and distribution);
- heating and cooling systems (including industrial and other markets);
- transportations systems (on land, at sea and in the air).
We now invite industry, academia, regulators and others working in this space to answer the following questions focussed on the above:
- What are the key safety challenges for energy storage when applied to decarbonisation?
- What steps are needed to address these challenges?
The findings of this consultation will be used to inform a series of workshops which will shape the future work of Lloyd’s Register Foundation in energy storage.