Date: Aug 11, 2018
location: Perth, Western Australia, AU
asset development – chevron aboriginal cadetship program
Who We Are
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and through its Australian subsidiaries, has been present in Australia for more than 60 years.
Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia is proud to partner with the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Indigenous Advancement Strategy, which aims to improve the professional employment prospects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, through Indigenous Cadetships.
Who We Are Looking For
Chevron is seeking to recruit Aboriginal university students from a geology, geophysics, mechanical, chemical, subsea or petroleum engineering discipline with a keen interest in the oil and gas industry to apply for our Aboriginal Cadetship Program.
In order to be eligible for the Aboriginal Cadetship Program, you must:
- Be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australian
- Available for full time employment from 26 November 2018 until 15 February 2019
- Be enrolled in full time study for your first undergraduate degree, preferably in Western Australia
What We Can Offer You
The Chevron Aboriginal Cadetship Program gives you the opportunity to participate in our industry-leading oil and gas projects while acquiring practical skills relevant to your field of study.
As a cadet with Chevron, you will receive:
- Paid vacation employment for 12 weeks over the summer months each year of your undergraduate degree at Chevron Australia’s head office in Perth
- Ongoing professional support and mentoring.
- Opportunity for entrance into Chevron’s Horizons Graduate Development Program.
The following Indigenous Cadetship payments
- Annual study allowance of $12,000
- Annual books and equipment allowance of $1,000
Chevron puts people at the center of everything we do — from protecting the safety and health of our people and the environment, to helping you succeed.
We provide ongoing education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your career within a diverse, supportive and collaborative workplace.
How to Apply
Applications for Chevron Australia’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program are open from Friday 15 June until Friday 31 August 2018.
Please ensure you attach your resume and a cover letter.
To find out more information and to apply, please visit the careers section of Chevron Australia