date: Jan 9, 2019
location: Richmond, CA California, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Advanced Process Control Engineer located in Richmond , CA California /United States.
- Serves as a specialist in designing, implementing, and maintaining multivariable control applications (DMCplus) and the applications that support the multivariable control applications (inferred properties, et al).
- Responsible for tuning of control loops, support of Honeywell TDC-3000 distributed control systems (DCS), and assistance in training console operators.
- Implements and maintains multivariable process control applications that are consistent with short-term and long-term refinery operating plans.
- Provides daily process control support for console operators.
- Identifies and resolves control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization (instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Identifies and captures opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the operating area through process control improvements.
- Trains refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Acts as a mentor/resource for refinery process and control engineers. Influences and improves work processes for a global refining technical system.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Maintains and grows process control skills by attending onsite and offsite training.
- Reports to the Process Control Team Leader within the refinery.
- Willing to train candidate with process knowledge in multivariable control, DCS, and basic control theory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 4 years of Process Engineering or Process Control Engineering experience in refining, petrochemical, or chemical industry; or Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years of Process Engineering or Process Control Engineering experience in refining, petrochemical, or chemical industry; or a Ph.D. in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in implementing multivariable controllers and online optimizers.
- Demonstrated expertise in refining process technologies – complex distillation, hydroprocessing, reforming, FCC, Blending and Shipping, etc.
- Technical capability in data analytics technologies a plus.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Technical Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of refinery or petrochemical process is critical. Specific skills include: demonstrated proficiency in implementing multivariable controllers or online optimizers,
2. Communications: Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both orally and in writing. Able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery, including Operations, Maintenance, Technical, Planning and non-technical staff.
3. Leadership: Demonstrated ability to originate, facilitate, and champion and deploy new ideas that support manufacturing objectives of efficiency, reliability and safety.
4. Project Management and prioritization: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple initiatives, identify issues and escalate as appropriate.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland