Date: Sep 13, 2018
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Houston-based position reports to the Bakken Reservoir Engineering Manager and will provide reservoir engineering support to the Subsurface Team. The position requires experience in classical reservoir engineering methods, economics, reservoir fluid and rock characterization, uncertainty analysis, reserves evaluation, enhanced oil recovery methods as well as experience in reservoir simulation. The incumbent will be part of a multi-disciplinary team seeking to optimize the development strategy of the asset.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construct and update reservoir simulation models (Intersect) to assist with field development planning, ongoing reservoir management and short and long-term forecast.
- Participate in the annual reserves process, including allocating current and future volumes using the Hess P1-P6 system.
- Contribute to maximize asset value, with focus on optimizing completions and well spacing.
- Provide reservoir engineering support to optimize and design EOR projects.
- Conduct/participate in appropriate Peer Reviews and technical workshops; complete required Corporate technical assurance reviews.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring to less-experienced reservoir engineers. Provide expert coaching to the asset engineers in conducting the appropriate reservoir performance evaluation and prediction studies. This could range from using analytic techniques to advanced reservoir simulation studies.
- Ensure high quality standards for managing reservoir engineering data, ensuring consistency with Hess guidelines.
- 15+ years of reservoir engineering experience, including experience working in unconventional reservoirs.
- Proven track record of leading small projects required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with technical applications including Eclipse, Excel, OFM and PEEP are essential.
- Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and influencing skills are highly desirable.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, collaborate fully as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Education, Training & Certifications
- BSc / Engineering degree in Petroleum Engineering
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.