Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Houston : 1330 Enclave Parkway (LR_L000269)
Position Category:Business Development
Department:US905100 : TSN-SENERGY AMERS INC OPS (US905100)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Lloyd’s Register is a global engineering, technical and business services organization owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering. Founded as a marine classification society in 1760, we now operate across many industry sectors around the world. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide.
LR’s Digital Software Business Unit encompasses all of LR’s existing software products which are actively sold and licensed to external clients. Our software activity is an increasingly important and vibrant part of our Group portfolio and is a critical, complementary element of our strategy for digital innovation.
We are now searching for a Regional Business Development Manager for the Americas region, reporting to our Houston corporate office in the Energy Corridor (or remotely from Denver, CO). In this highly visible role you will be responsible for the development of the Lloyd’s Register (LR) ‘IP/IC’ (petrophysical) software business, supporting the global IP/IC software product line to successfully achieve its business objectives.
- Grow top line revenue from the sale of software products
- Build long term, strategic relationships with customers, business decision makers, and industry stakeholders
- Help customers drive world class: performance, compliance and assurance of their assets
- Be a thought leader in the area of sales and customer experience
- Collaborate with colleagues across other business streams to build sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a regional business plan, and build targeted account plans
- Deliver increasing year-on-year revenue, gross profit and total contract value (TCV)
- Identify key customers, opportunities and emerging markets
- Work with relationship owners to provide consultative client engagement and thought leadership to define and drive sales activity
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire business cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary
- Provide client and market led input into product strategy
- Meet/exceed annual sales targets and KPIs
- Accurately forecast sales and revenue
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous successful Software Sales Experience
- Experience working sub surface O&G software preferable
- Additionally, previous experience in large matrix organizations, desired
- Proven success in solution selling
- Confidence delivering presentations
- Highly skilled at communicating and influencing, both with clients and internal stakeholders
- Skilled at market research and industry networking
We care about each other, our clients, and the environment.
- We care about the safety of everyone.
- We respect each other and the wider communities we work in.
- We’re passionate about giving back to society, leaving the world a better place than we found it.
We share our expertise with each other, with our clients, and with all of our stakeholders.
- We strive to be the leaders in our profession with unparalleled expertise.
- We’re committed to quality and work together to find the best solution.
- We’re inquisitive and curious and never stop learning to further our knowledge.
We do the right thing in every situation.
- We’re independent and impartial.
- We show integrity in everything we do.
- We’re brave and courageous and we never compromise on standards or safety.
At Lloyd’s Register, we’re proud of the work we do and the difference we make. Right now, we’re looking for talented and ambitious people to help us in continuing to make that difference.
We offer a full benefits package, including Health insurance, vacation/sick time/paid holidays and a unique corporate culture where doing the right thing is highly valued and work life balance is real.
Join us in working together for a safer world.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Sustainability, Technology, Engineering, Research, Energy