Date: Apr 8, 2019
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This position will be based in Houston, TX.
The successful candidate will have strong sourcing and contracting skills and will be expected to work in a team atmosphere supporting a variety of category needs. The primary category will be Reliability Operations & Rotating Equipment with a focus on MRO and Production Chemicals. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and will need to plan for and manage his/her daily activities and complex projects independently. The ability to apply analytical, technical, and industry knowledge, standards and practices to routine assignments and complex projects is critical to the success of this role. The Specialist will work closely, and develop strong business relationships, with Business Partners globally to define the best solutions, which address priority business needs or issues. The ability to conduct necessary analysis, devise and present appropriate approaches and solutions, and ensure the timely delivery of high-quality services is a must. A strong contracting background, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential for success in this role. The Specialist will support specific projects/initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency of GSC and actively cultivate strong relationships with contractors and suppliers via facilitation of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) engagements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide sourcing and contracting support across assigned categories
- Negotiate legal and commercial terms that achieve optimal business results
- Evaluate proposals with the business partner to identify the best solution instead of the ideal technical solution or lowest price
- Identify key contract risks and the associated mitigation strategies
- Facilitate SRM across assigned categories
- Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies/procedures (Sarbanes-Oxley, FCPA, etc.)
- Work with business partners to understand business needs/requirements and define GSC services needed to address these needs/requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners, keeping them fully informed of changes to specification/terms of service with a particular supplier
- Develop working relationships that motivate suppliers to deliver required level of service and to facilitate the speedy and effective resolution of issues, as needed
- Apply industry knowledge and use available tools to offer alternative approaches/solutions where other ‘fit for purpose’ options do not exist
- Plan and schedule work activities, within prescribed parameters
- Complete Lean training and promote innovation and continual process improvement throughout GSC
- Minimum of 5 years Supply Chain experience, within an Upstream O&G company or within a service contractor for Upstream O&G clients, with an emphasis on the designated Category. 8 or more years of experience is preferred
- Must demonstrate Leading at Hess behavioral competencies
- Must demonstrate the ability to execute the roles and responsibilities of the position, as outlined, with minimal direct supervision
Education, Training & Certifications
- Must possess an undergraduate degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Applied Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration, or Engineering. Master’s in Business Administration or Engineering strongly preferred
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Supply Chain | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25067