APM FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT – MECHANICAL INTEGRITY SME
- Job Function: Product Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/12/2019 12:54:16 PM
- Job #: 1902016
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
The APM Functional Consultant – Mechanical Integrity SME – Services role is part of BHGE APM professional services practice and requires Mechanical Integrity Engineering subject matter expertise. Responsibilities include supporting customer projects, delivering Mechanical Integrity services, training, advising customers on work process and system configuration options. Techno-functional aptitude is required in asset management or reliability methodologies such as RCA/RCM/FMEA/RBI/SIS.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage industry experience, equipment knowledge, software know-how, and customer satisfaction skills to deliver world class predictive analytics and monitoring solutions to assigned customer accounts
- Support project teams in analysis and review of Meridium APM Mechanical Integrity deliverables to ensure high quality and customer confidence
- Support customer projects, delivering mechanical integrity consulting services, lead training, advise customers on work process and system configuration options. Technical and functional aptitude is required in the field of asset management and/or in reliability methodologies such as RCA/RCM/FMEA/RBI/SIS
- Responsible for the successful implementation of Meridium work processes and products in the customer sites
- Lead RCM/FMEA facilitation and working with customers to successfully implement these recommendations in their work management system
- Train clients on Meridium domain work process, software implementation of the work process and the application of the work process
- Provide asset reliability and mechanical integrity consulting in the areas of RCM/FMEA, RBI, reliability analysis and improvement identification
- Satisfy customer maintenance planning requirements by applying practical knowledge of how to implement Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, and Task Lists
- Translate functional/technical MI concepts into processes and configuration
- Work to develop relationships with client team members and leverage these relationships to help the client achieve targeted success
- Assist client project teams by helping define and maintain direction, tactfully preventing clients from taking a “wrong turn”
- Ensure client confidence and project success through applying capabilities of Meridium MI; understand the functions of the MI modules and key interfaces; understand the various ways to implement Meridium APM products; learning and understanding the client business requirements
- Accountable to support the project teams’ through building relationships with the client; managing client expectations; and meeting and/or exceeding client goals
- Invest functional expertise and technical knowledge to improve company standards and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with experience in areas leveraging Reliability Methodologies such as FMEA, RCM, RBI, SIS, RCA in Oil & Gas, Mining or high capital-intensive industry
- 10+ years’ field experience working directly in industry with equipment operations, maintenance, and reliability
- Ability to travel internationally. Must be willing to travel up to 75%
- Deep functional domain experience with Inspections, Risk Based Inspections (RBI), Mechanical Integrity, or Calibration and Safety
- Ability to analyze data collected, facilitate failure analysis (RCM, FMEA), make recommendations based on findings and integrate these recommendations into customers maintenance work management system
- Proven track record in successful project execution for reliability improvement initiatives or large CMMS implementations such as SAP PM, Maximo, Indus or other enterprise systems
- Track record of developing positive relationships with customers and building trust and credibility by providing high quality advice and solutions
- Experience in facilitation and developing asset strategies and actions
- Proven ability to successfully plan and manage projects to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects/customers simultaneously
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative and flexible solutions
- Implementation/utilization of various industry software (CMMS, RCM Software, Reliability Software).
- Reliability certifications (CRE, CMRP, SSBB, RCM certification, etc.) are highly desirable
- Meridium APM functional consulting certification in Mechanical Integrity is highly desirable but not required. Training and certification will be provided
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in facilitating Mechanical Integrity, inspection and RBI implementation projects in conjunction with client Subject Matter Experts
- Having a strong background of corrosion engineering and familiar with corrosion mechanisms with strong knowledge in API 571/NACE codes
- Minimum of 5 years fixed equipment engineering and plant maintenance experience in at least one of the petroleum, petrochemical, utilities or other manufacturing industries.
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of Risk Based Inspection methodology (API 580/581)
- Experience with production processes in the refining, petrochemical, chemical and process industries and is confident to venture into other processes which candidate does not necessarily have direct experience.
- Good understanding of the American Petrochemical Institute and other industry Inspection Codes and regional jurisdictional codes. Preferably, some knowledge of other international inspection and compliance codes/jurisdictional codes
- Inspection Planning development and project management experience
- Experience in developing and conducting training on software systems
- Experience in conducting workshops on RBI implementation with internal/external clients
- Mechanical Integrity software experience with one of the following software systems: Meridium (Preferred), PCMS, E2G, RBMI, Visions (Metegrity), DNV Orbit, RB.Eye, Shell RRM
- Specific Certifications/Memberships Desired: NACE Corrosion Technologist; API 653
- Apart from the above, hands on knowledge on design codes such as ASME Sec VII Div.1, or B31.3 is desirable
- Increases client engagement to further drive pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both customer and GE; Utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; Continuously influences customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution
- Demonstrates integrity and trustworthiness; Remains at ease in ambiguous work situations and is open to change; Contributes to an environment where teams are encouraged to reach beyond themselves and connect across constituent groups
- Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices
- Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of one or more products. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel.
Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.