APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, CRYOGENICS IN TAMPA, FL AT CIRCOR CAREER SITE
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Program Manager, Cryo
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: VP, Industrial Valves, Americas
The IG Process Applications Engineer provides customers with accurate product and specification interpretations that drives the technical evaluation and product selections available of the CIRCOR Cryogenics business unit, as well inside sales support to customers, both domestic and international. This includes articulating our technology, product features and benefits to both business to business, and technical end users. Includes quote preparation, price and availability. Consulting and supporting other internal stakeholders when required.
- Prepares verbal and written quotations for domestic and international customers, OEM’s, Industrial Gas specifiers, and representatives where applicable.
- Assist Cryogenic Program Manager, and Account Manager with new projects opportunities, inquiries, customer applications and issues that support all customer needs and services.
- Provide customers with relevant product knowledge and recommendations based on engineering design and performance criteria that meet customer expectations, and safety standards.
- Evaluate and analyze business opportunities and inquires against current standards and processes, and assure our offerings and capabilities fall inside our standards, shop capabilities and processes as they pertain to product reliability, quality and safety.
- Work closely with design engineering to validate proposals adequately meet the form, fit and function as approved by design engineering team.
- Work with Quality, Operations and Customer Service teams to promptly identify customer complaints and issues for probable root cause, corrective actions, and remedy to prevent future re occurrences’.
- Be the go to for daily customer questions and concerns that affect product form, fit and function inquiries and concerns.
- Work with Cryo shop personnel, regarding product-operations issues to resolve and remedy day to day product concerns in a timely manner that keep production flowing to maintain customer commitments.
- Articulate technical conversations with specifying engineering groups to help customers select and specify our products and brands into their processes and equipment at the design and OEM levels.
- Review and validate non-standard orders for product compliance, and implementation.
- Work within, be involved, and comply with all company safety standards and policies as documented by EH&S and company handbook.
- Document and sales and marketing activities for opportunities’ that are in line with budget and growth potentials.
- And all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to articulate with customers, basic product technical conversations.
- Strong commitment to process and procedure adherence.
- 2-5 year’s technical customer service related experience in manufacturing support.
- Able to finalize negotiations at the Tier 1 customer level.
- Understanding and knowledge of reviewing contractual terms and conditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryogenic and industrial gas sectors with strengths in liquid hydrogen, helium and LNG sectors strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of concepts and principles in customer service.
- Be able to create and give presentations and status reports that professionally represent business climate and standards.
- Able to solve routine and complex problems using information sources provided, or by conceptual and innovative thinking, with or without supervision.
- Self-starter, organized, thorough, and meticulous.
- Able to plan and prioritize work to meet demanding customer and internal deadlines.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy producing quality work when working under pressure.
- Ability to lead by influence.
- Ability to work in, and communicate in highly technical environments.
- Ability to plan work and commit to meeting deadlines.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software.
Education & Experience
- Typically requires a minimum level of knowledge that is acquired through a four-year college degree in an applicable field and five years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. Citizen
- Travel less than 10%
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities