LOCATION: Spartanburg, SC
DIRECT REPORTING: Manager, Sales
CIRCOR Energy is a global manufacturer of highly engineered valve(s) and pipeline products that continuously develops precision technologies to improve our customer’s ability to control the flow of the world’s natural resources, from subsea to offshore and onshore E&P.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting and working with customers which include distributors, agents and end user accounts. Will be part of a team providing high performance engineered solutions to the market.
Under direction of the Director Order Acquisition & Program Management, the Applications Engineer responds to customer inquiries, creates or identifies solutions, and identifies equipment configurations to customer needs and establishes pricing for these products and solutions.
Ensures the correct and proper equipment is specified in the best interests of the customer and of CIRCOR.
- Provides technical sales and customer support.
- Supports the Sales and Product Managers objectives.
- Manages submittal drawings and documents for approval.
- Provides technical assistance during the detailed engineering phase of inquiries and projects through product applications and specifications in order to provide an engineered solution for integration.
- Analyzes specifications, application data sheets, inquiry data sheets or other similar documents to determine if the desired specifications can be met.
- Defines the products and their interrelationships to meet the functional and performance requirements.
- Prepares estimates/quotes for non-price listed products and other pertinent data required to satisfy customer requirements.
- Maintains and improves technical competency, staying current with changes in the industry.
- Completes and maintains all required paperwork, quotes, quote log, and other required documentation.
- Works directly with our customers (both internal and external), potential customers, and sales people.
- Learns and understands customer’s requirements and application to make appropriate product recommendations.
- Responds to various technical questions regarding products and systems solutions.
- Reviews customer requirements and recommends applicable products and solutions.
- Prepares and submits customer quotations.
- Evaluates inquiries and specifications to create formal proposals for sales managers, distributors, and other customers.
- Prepares quotations for products at the appropriate price while ensuring the quote meets the company’s profitability and quality standards, and the customer delivery requirements.
- Quickly responds to customer questions concerning correct selection of CIRCOR products. Provides application assistance.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years’ experience in instrumentation/analytical work desirable.
- Must have demonstrated good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with computers including MS Office Applications, sales order systems, etc.
- Must be solutions oriented.
- Must have global exposure and thinking.
Education & Experience
- Typically requires a minimum level of knowledge that is acquired through a four-year college degree in an applicable field and three years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities