Applications Engineer in Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are looking for a Applications Engineer to join the Oil and Gas Team.
The postholder will be working closely with other members of the Oil and Gas Team to support the sales of the Oil & Gas products in the UK & Global markets. The position is based in Haywards Heath and reports to the Contracts Manager – Serck Audco Valves.
Job Objectives (in a mainly export environment)
The successful and expedient handling of customer sales enquiries/orders/projects on a “cradle to grave” basis. This includes:
- Enquiry handling – Technical and commercial interpretation, costing/pricing, quotation generation
- Order handling – Order interpretation, entry to computer system, commercial and technical documentation, inter departmental/supplier liaison, expediting, dealing with visiting inspectors, shipping and invoicing department support
- To build working relationships with the relevant external sales personnel, agents and associate companies
- To be a technical and commercial point of contact for customers, agents and associate companies on all relevant product enquiries.
- To work with customers to solve application problems and propose suitable technical solutions.
· Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical / Chemical / Industrial Engineering
· Sufficient engineering exposure to understand basic engineering processes, materials and typical manufacturing processes
· Able to prioritise a heavy and variable workload
· Flexible individual with a positive and proactive responsive approach
· Computer literate, with emphasis on Excel and Word; Outlook and SAP Preferred
Ideally you will have:
· Proven technical sales experience
· Project handling experience
· Understanding of export terms and procedures etc.
· End user exposure
· Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
· Fluency in English language is essential, knowledge of second language would be a bonus
As outlined under position requirements.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Haywards Heath, GB
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.