Maidstone – Oasts
Job Reference: 000894
Location: Maidstone – Oasts
Closing Date: 10/05/2019
Posted Date: 10/04/2019
Employment Type: Full time, permanent
Department: RRR – Contaminated Land Ops
Sector: Built Environment Services
Salary: £highly competitive + valuable benefits
About the role:
As an Assistant Environmental Scientist you will undertake field work and office reporting / project management duties in the fields of contaminated land and waste and environmental management and will play a role in the growth of this business stream for SOCOTEC. You will also be expected to follow instructions and specifications efficiently and also seek innovative approaches to delivering our clients’ needs and generate opportunities for the promotion of all of SOCOTEC’s services.
The base office will be in the Maidstone. SOCOTEC has offices across England, Scotland and Wales and, as well as work in the local area, the role will entail providing support to other SOCOTEC offices and undertaking site work as required; this will entail periods of time away from home and a full driving licence is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a thriving and growing Consultancy team and develop skills and experience in the Geoenvironmental Sector. In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation.
Your responsibilities will be wide ranging and encompass technical and commercial requirements, including those listed below:
- Supervision of ground investigations and soil and water sampling.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Day to day management of small projects.
- Input to proposal writing.
- On time and on budget delivery of a wide range of projects.
- Factual and interpretative reporting.
- Delivery of all work safely and in line with SOCOTEC’s safety policies and procedures.
- Providing excellent customer service to existing and new clients.
- Actively contribute towards the successful delivery of the Division’s business plan and targets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading business in which you will be integral to delivering our future success. You must have the following attributes;
- Ideally you will have experience of soil and water sampling, supervision of site investigations and factual / interpretative reporting on a range of projects. However new graduates will also be considered for the role.
- Relevant degree.
- Good communication skills.
- Be commercially aware.
- A strong customer focussed engagement style.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office applications and a selection of industry specific specialist packages.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel across the UK.
SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer.