Date: Jan 15, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This position is responsible for acting as a strategic legal advisor to senior leaders in client groups. This position will also support the business in drafting and reviewing relevant agreements, client counseling, regulatory and legislative analysis.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and reviews correspondence and communications, contracts, and other documents relating to legal matters.
- Participates in moderately complex legal matters including working with management in the creation of defense strategies and/or proactive strategies regarding major legal actions.
- Conducts legal research and investigation on complex claims and defenses; develops oral and written advice and presents recommendations to management.
- Provides legal advice, counsel, services, and representation to employees, managers, officials, and executives as appropriate.
- Handles assigned tasks and subject areas within areas of legal expertise with a high degree of independence, quality, competence, responsiveness, planning, and sound judgment.
- Manages, leads, develops, and mentors less experienced legal staff. May also supervise administrative staff on a regular or assignment-specific basis.
- Interacts with and provides direct legal counsel to members of the Senior Executive Management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of securities disclosure and compliance, capital markets, acquisitions, divestitures and mergers.
- Knowledge of basic oil and gas contracts and related agreements.
- Knowledge of phases within oil and gas exploration and production operations, including midstream and marketing.
- Knowledge of contractual risk mitigation measures common in oil and gas contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers at all organizational levels in independent and often stressful situations.
- Minimum: Doctoral degree – from accredited university – Juris Doctorate
- Minimum: 5 – 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: General Counsel, Law, Compliance, Legal, Research
- This job has expired!