Do you want to help ensure safety in the Oil and Natural Gas industry?
Come join the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a member of our Global Industry Services (GIS) team. GIS is dedicated to providing valuable products and services to the international oil and gas industry through certification, training, publications, statistics, and events.
As our Monogram Associate, you will be reviewing and accessing client’s compliance with program requirements. You will also make recommendations for registration and/or licensing decisions, manage project(s) to improve the certifications programs, and provide support to the Monogram/APIQR Program Manager.
You will be responsible to:
- Process program actions as required:
- Review audit reports, client’s corrective action responses to non-conformances and changes (scope) to client’s registration(s) and/or license(s).
- Make recommendation for granting, maintaining, modifying, suspending or cancelling of registrations/licenses and changes (scope) based on the result of the review.
- Prepare action letters for granting, maintaining, modifying, suspending or cancelling or registrations/licenses.
- Review client applications, Management System Manuals and Conformity Matrixes to various management system requirements, including ISO 9001 , API Spec Q1,
API Spec Q2, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Peer review (seconding) of program actions completed by other associates.
- Participate in Registration/Licensing Committee Pre-Panel and Panel decision-making.
- Provide additional guidance to auditors when needed.
- Maintain client records.
- Interact directly with clients and auditors on issues related to program activities.
- Assist the Audit Program staff in the management of auditor’s activities.
- Market program activities, when needed.
- Attend industry related trade shows and events, when required.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the API Monogram Program/APIQR Manager.
- Provide support as needed with the administration of Departmental projects including, but not limited to, documentation of processes, implementation of corrective actions from audits (internal and ANAB) and resolution of complaints.
- Coordinate/manage project(s) assigned by the API Monogram Program/APIQR Manager.
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in business or technical discipline, preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience, in any combination; with quality systems; with applicable manufacturing; or within the petroleum industry.
- Strong understanding of ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and API Spec Q1 and/or API Specifications requirements.
- Successfully completed the ISO 9000 Lead Auditor Training Course.
- Successfully completed ISO 14001 Auditing Course.
- Ability to learn and understand environmental principles including environmental terminology, techniques for evaluating aspects and impacts and their environmental significance, environmental performance evaluation and legal and other requirements.
- Ability to research and assimilate information accurately from a variety of sources desired.
- Expert with Microsoft applications especially Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint with an aptitude to learn other computer programs quickly.
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to acquire technical skills.
- Attention to detail, exceptional organization and prioritization skills required.
- Strong understanding of business processes and workflow coordination required.
- Customer service aptitude required.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to program policies and procedures.
- Experience / knowledge of ISO-14001, OHSAS 18001 and other management system standards a plus.
- Ability to work in a global environment and understand and adapt to different cultures required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Capable of working efficiently in a fast-paced operations environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to comprehend, address and resolve non-routine inquiries and program related issues.
- Ability to understand and apply technical requirements as they relate to mechanical equipment and oil and gas industry products and services.
Please note that this position is located in Houston, Texas.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association representing all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, which supports 10.3 million U.S. jobs and nearly 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API’s more than 625 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation’s energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 40 million Americans.
Although our focus is primarily domestic, in recent years our work has expanded to include a growing international dimension, and today API is recognized around the world for its broad range of programs. Learn more about API at www.api.org.Opens a New Window.
As an API team member, you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, a generous PTO plan with paid holidays and a great working atmosphere.
API is an EOE M/F/D/V.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.