Date: Jan 4, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US, 77032
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of new automation and controls technology for Halliburton’s Production Enhancement and Cementing Product Service Lines (PSL). You will provide oversight for the delivery of state-of-the-art technology solutions for some of the most challenging problems in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs, and maximize well productivity. You will need to be creative, dynamic, passionate, and data-driven with the ability to effectively communicate and influence the team to deliver best-in-class technology. This is a high visibility position where the incumbent is expected to frequently interact with technology and business leadership to formulate and steer the technology strategy for controls and automation.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Cultivate a culture of innovation in controls & automation technology. Ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied in the development of new technical solutions (real-time diagnostics, machine learning, sensing, data acquisition, software-/hardware-in-the-loop testing).
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware.
- Provide oversight of design integrity, development of design standards / processes, and detailed engineering design reviews.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 10 years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Prefer Minimum of Master’s degree (electrical, mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering) with at least 10 years of control systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. PhD degree is highly desired but not required.
- Past experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Knowledgeable in the application of engineering tools and methodologies like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DoE), Design for reliability & manufacturability (DfR/DfM), Design Verification, and Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Proven experience in the development of advanced controls systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) including PLC-based systems including model-based predictive and corrected parameter controls including the application of plant level modeling.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to program in Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and C++, VB.net, LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, and Matlab/Simulink, Matlab/Simscape, and industry standard PLC systems.
- Expertise implementing National Instrument cRIO, Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems. Experience in other system platforms will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 66142
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Machinist, Testing, Manufacturing, Technology