ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. Active in almost 200 countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with a talented workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
We’re looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer with 5-10 years of experience to provide support to the ExxonMobil Refinery and Chemical Plants in the Rotterdam Area. You will be part of the Rotterdam Engineering Services team.
- Provide civil / structural engineering support to daily plant operations (e.g. modifications, upgrades, new construction and applications)
- Conduct, review and provide input for structural inspection guidance, evaluation of facilities and design and construction support of plant facilities. Assist business teams with risk management activities to ensure compliance with ExxonMobil’s Operation Integrity Management System expectations.
- Review Management of Change documents, engineering specifications, requirements and design appraisals
- Support site reliability initiatives / programs (e.g. development of equipment strategies, incident investigations, risk assessments, risked based work selection)
- Provide civil/structural engineering expertise to a variety of ExxonMobil projects. Assist projects in meeting safety, environmental and capital cost objectives. Provide technical support throughout the development phase of projects from conceptual to final design/execution. Develop scope of work for conceptual studies, develop technical specifications, assist in contractor selection, and steward contractor’s work throughout project execution. Review EPC work and provide consultations on local code of practices and regulations
- Interpret and explain company practices and industry standards and how they apply to plant facilities and projects
- Bachelor degree (Master degree preferred) Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience required, 10 years strongly preferred
- Experience preferably within an operating company, or major engineering contractor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired)
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving business results
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Ability to evaluate different conceptual designs; familiarity with structural analysis and design software.
- Strong communication, innovative thinking, and teamwork capabilities
Relevant knowledge and experience includes the following:
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Structural Design & Analysis of concrete and steel plant structures and buildings
- Foundation and Pile Design
- Deteriorated Structure Condition Assessment, Inspection, Evaluation, Rehabilitation and Upgrading
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Rotating equipment support structures and Foundation Analysis
- Civil Infrastructure Design (Roads, ponds, underground structures)
- Chimneys and Stacks civil aspects
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Structural Engineer, Geology, Engineering