Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
**This is a full time position, working 30 to 40 hours a week in the Houston, Texas office**
Reporting directly to an assigned lead Engineer or Project Manager in an office or on a project construction work site, this is a temporary position providing on the job training. Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures
- Coordinate with Project Management professionals to make modifications and corrections to project specific documents
- Prepare and process client requested data or documents that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Examine Project documents for completeness and accuracy
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering curriculum is required, working on a Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
- Earthworks, infrastructure experience is a plus
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment is required
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Nov 13, 2018, 5:51:02 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com