Job Posting: Jan 4, 2019, 9:07:49 PM
Unposting Date: Jan 21, 2019, 6:59:00 AM
Co-op Student, Software Engineering–15987
Job Title: Co-opStudent, Software Engineering
Start Date: May7, 2019
Length of Term: 12, or 16 months
Business Unit: HeavyOil
ApplicationDeadline: January 20, 2019 or once the position is filled
Reporting to the ProjectControls Team Lead, the software engineer Co-op Student is responsible for thecoding, mapping, innovative design and support of Husky thermal facilitiesprojects team in transforming raw design data into defined data sets applicablefor project cost estimate development. This assignment involves multipledata transfers from and to different applications and software (Web baseddesign tools, MS access, MS excel, MS Power BI and general Project Controlstasks as required.
Key responsibilities mayinclude:
- Develop well-designed Dataset for transferring and organizing raw web-based data from and to multiple software and tools.
- Develop and create relational database schemas, requesting data from various back-end services.
- Create/maintain documentation and provide research/analytics as required.
- Set up routine (and ad hoc) reports and visualization
- Project controls related tasks such as progress and cost report updates, Project reconciliation analysis and data gathering
- Must be currently enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a post-secondary institution
- Completed 3rd year engineering program, preference for Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Software Engineering principles;
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards;
- Familiarity Programming SQL, DAX (Data Analysis expressions)
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Has an aptitude for working in a team environment;
- Proficient with MS Office suite of applications and computer systems.
Benefits of a Husky Energy Student Position:
- take part in impactfulbusiness projects
- network with experiencedprofessionals
- engage in a strongstudent network
- gain valuable exposurein the Oil and Gas industry
Relevant work experience in your field of study
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applicationswithout a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving fortheir work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist withrelocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligiblefor student opportunities.
Please note that onlythose selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respectdiversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and differentperspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this,individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and weencourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginalpeople, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integratedoil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining andmarketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning anddevelopment tools and an inclusive work environment, and you arewell-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career developmentprograms and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally –as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and businessskills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualifiedemployees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to takeon new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learningand development.