Job Posting: Jan 6, 2019, 2:19:17 AM
Unposting Date: Jan 21, 2019, 6:59:00 AM
Co-op Student, Technical Services – Process Engineering–15989
Job Title: Co-op Student, Technical Services – Process Engineering
Location Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: May 7, 2019
Length of Term: 12 or 16 months
Business Unit: Heavy Oil
Application Deadline: January 20, 2019 or once the position isfilled
Key responsibilities may involve:
- Completingdetailed engineering design for requested asset changes ensuring codes,standards and company specifications are met.
- Assistoperations and maintenance personnel with troubleshooting and optimizingupstream processing facilities and equipment.
- Participatingin HAZOP, P&ID reviews, incident reviews and other related tasks as theyrelate to process design.
- Providetechnical support to operations and maintenance with regards to codes andregulations to ensure designs are safe, effective and reliable.
- Work withprocurement and vendors to source material required for asset change requests.
- Mustbecurrently enrolled in a post-secondary Co-op or Internship program
- Pursuing a degree in Chemical-Process Engineering, preference 3rd year complete
- Effective analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Highly motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Previous heavy oil production, engineering or operations experience would be an asset
- Familiarity with API 520/521 and API 2000 would be an asset
- Familiarity with HYSYS, PIPEPLO would be an asset
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office product suite
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e. issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract, for the preceding 5 year period, if offered the position. A valid Canadian class 5 Drivers License with no restrictions (i.e. non GDL) is a requirement for this role.
Benefits of a Husky Energy student position:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
Relevant work experience in your field of study
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in field locations.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.