Role Summary:The Commercial Culture Communications Manager is a key member of the Global Commercial Communications team. He/she will partner with Global Operations, Global Sales, the Global Commercial Functions (Commercial Excellence, Global Channels, and Integrated Sales), and the BHGE regions – including their leadership teams – to drive strategic internal communications plans that are aligned with key commercial and business priorities
.Essential Responsibilities:The ideal candidate will build constructive relationships with Global Operations leaders and their communities to develop a deep understanding of commercial dynamics and drive communication that clearly demonstrates the link between desired outcome and chosen communication activities.
The role will be responsible for commercial-to-commercial communications to support training and empowerment of the BHGE sales team. He/she will develop and deliver internal campaigns to drive commercial intensity across the global commercial organization and the company. The ideal candidate will also act as the conduit to share best practices across the organization.
The role will also be responsible for commercial-to-enterprise communications aimed at building company-wide understanding of the BHGE commercial matrix and how it interacts across regions, functions and product companies. He/she will share commercial/Global Operations success stories – from big deal wins and revenue synergy milestones, to commercial platform enhancements and organizational developments – with employees through BHGE enterprise communications channels.
Critically, the role will connect the BHGE Regional Communications Leaders (who comprise the extended Global Commercial Communications team) and the HQ communications teams around key culture communications initiatives. He/she will represent the regions in discussions on global culture communications campaigns and initiatives, providing the regional perspective to inform these activities. The ideal candidate will provide high-level guidance and customized campaign materials for use in the regions. He/she will also provide direct internal communications support to regions where we do not have communicators on site. The role reports to the Global Commercial Communications Leader and collaborates across regions, functions and product companies.
In the role of Commercial Culture Communications Manager, you will:
- Partner with the Global Commercial Communications Leader, Global Operations and Global Sales Leaders to create and execute plans to deliver desired outcomes aligned with communications and commercial business objectives
- Create and manage commercial communications operating rhythms and supporting content; integrates them into the overall organization operating rhythms, providing clear line of sight of upcoming activities and identifying, and troubleshooting overlaps or conflicts
- Project manage internal commercial communications channels, including the monthly newsletter, all-commercial meetings and events, the official commercial Yammer, and the communications portal
- Work closely with the extended Global Commercial Communications team in the regions to understand commercial/regional dynamics and drive communication that clearly demonstrates the link between desired outcome and chosen communication activities
- Align with the HQ Culture Communications team, and other HQ teams including MarComm, External Affairs, Brand, and Digital Innovation, to embed commercial success stories in broader communications campaigns and initiatives
- Analyze and measure results and makes adjustments in strategy / execution as appropriate
- Measure ROI for all activities to ensure that resources are being used efficiently and productively
- Keep colleagues in the Communication team informed of progress and development of activities, and arising issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of experience within Communications and/or Marketing in an international environment
- Desired Characteristics:
- Sales / Commercial experience is a plus
- Experience in audience outreach and activation communications tools and techniques and related developments like social media and campaign marketing
- Mentoring / supervisory experience is desirable
- Demonstrated project management experience, with the capability to self-direct and execute as well as to direct the work of other people and suppliers to deliver projects on time and budget
- Proven ability to effectively interact and influence in line with objectives at all levels of the organization and effectively manage in a matrix organization
- Adept at managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders in the business. A can-do attitude paired with powerful influencing and networking skills are a necessity.
- Copes well working on multiple tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A confident, proactive self-starter
- Approaches communication plans with a creative and analytical mind
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation
- A true team-player who is able to work with remote team members
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.