Category: Information Management-Information Technology
Location: Houston, TX
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $73 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,400 employees as of Dec. 31, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,356 MBOED in 2017, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
This Gas & Power Application Support Business Analyst will be part of a team of IT professionals supporting critical systems, reports, and data used by the Commercial business as well as many other groups across the corporation. This role owns delivery of all IT services for the Commercial Gas & Power business in US and Canada. The team supports Gas & Power application systems used by Traders, Schedulers, Confirmation, Contracts, Pricing, Risk, Compliance, Credit, F&PA, Accounting and all levels of Management to manage over $23B of annual gas & power trading. This position will work in a team environment located on the trade floor responding to Commercial business needs.
Responsibilities may include:
Provide front line production application support to the business focusing on Commercial applications
Support TriplePoint Commodity XL (front-to-back office trading support) and interfaces
Work with leadership to prioritize work and ensure services meet customer needs
Collaborate with the business to define business functional requirements for enhancements and develop (or coordinate development) to deliver the solution to the business
Analyzing data or system issues directly with SQL and relational databases
Providing on-call day-to-day application support for both in-house developed and vendor packages
Enhancing, troubleshooting, and supporting in-house developed Excel spreadsheets with VBA macros
Liaison between Commercial business and other IT leveraged services teams to provide functional and technical support as appropriate
Liaison between Commercial and vendor to troubleshoot software issues and define software enhancements
Work with our architecture/infrastructure team to ensure effective performance of our application systems.
Responding to user data mining and data maintenance requests
Responding to internal and external audit requests
Participating on project teams to define business requirements and understand the business strategies to ensure proper alignment of IS solutions
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of IT related working experience
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial application support
- 1+ years of experience with SQL (in Oracle databases)
- Basic knowledge of ETRM business processing
- Basic Commercial business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel macros
- Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day application support and after-hours call-out on a rotational basis
- Experience with TriplePoint Commodity XL
- Experience with C#, Java, and/or Crystal Reports a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Physical and financial decomposition knowledge
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to initiate tasks including developing and executing small project plans
- Process improvement experience
- Management of change skills
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Analyzes issues and understands their business impact
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 24, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.