Commercial Manager-Intermediates Americas
Houston, United States
Skillpool group: Commercial and Retail
Reference ID: 96670BR
Reporting to the General Manager and located in Houston, Texas, the Commercial Manager – Intermediates will have P&L accountability and all commercial responsibilities for a $750 million business in the Americas. He/She will develop and implement commercial goals, strategies, and tactics in line with marketing objectives and drive the commercial strategy based on knowledge of industry trends and customers to maximize the business profitability and cash flow. As part of optimizing both the short and long term commercial performance of the business, the new Commercial Manager is expected to develop and lead a highly motivated and effective customer-focused team, as well as lead, participate, and lead key negotiations and customer value proposition development. He/She will take a hands-on approach to day-to-day management of the business and building and maintaining a high-performance and team-oriented culture. In addition, he/she will work closely with marketing, manufacturing, technology, supply chain, finance, and other functions to optimize business-building initiatives. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the new leader will have several direct reports, including regional sales leaders and product managers, and potentially and indirectly, sales leaders in South America and Canada. The new Commercial Manager will be a key member of the Intermediates Leadership team and is expected to contribute to the overall global success. More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the marketing plan and contracting strategy in line with overall commercial strategy for regional customers that delivers the targeted value proposition and maximizes financial return.
- Manage Americas regional accounts to maximize short and long-term return to Shell through development and execution of superior customer value propositions.
- Develop broad, deep and resilient account relationships with regional accounts and co-producers.
- Develop and implement the regional pricing policies and ensure efficient management of all long-term contractual agreements.
- Secure and maintain strong contracts that define the relationship between the accounts and Shell and ensure that key commercial and contracting metrics are achieved (DSO, overdues, contracts signed before delivery, rebates agreements, etc.)
- Lead contract negotiations to secure sales volumes at attractive margins and ensure that Shell achieve better than reinvestment margins over the cycle.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels in Americas, address personnel issues and lead staff development and coaching, recruitment & on-boarding where needed.
- Develop Americas commercial staff and talent, including implementing and coaching sales teams on best practices to maximize business value to ensure that business has sufficient bench strength.
- Maintain business responsibility for HSSE and product stewardship in Americas region for Intermediates
- There may be additional accountabilities supporting capital investments on an ad-hoc basis.