Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104486BR
The Concept Engineer will be responsible for feasibility/concept studies of surface facilities and surface development plans for onshore upstream gas developments. In addition, during these studies, the concept engineer will interact with partners and with the downstream gas projects. The Concept Engineer will report into the Front-End Engineering Lead.
- Develop the engineering studies in cooperation with other disciplines and functions leading to robust concept decision for the project. Scope will include wellpads, gathering facilities, pipelines, brownfield tie-ins and infrastructure.
- Deliver Feasibility Studies, Concept Studies, Concept Select Report, and Basis for Design for surface facilities.
- Develop cost competitive, lean standardised designs, and achieve top quartile costs by continuous learning and repetition with the Unconventionals business
- Ensure that surface facility designs are fully aligned to the wells and subsurface requirements.
- Together with Project Services, develop credible cost and schedule estimates.
- Integrate and facilitate contributions from Shell Global Discipline Engineers, the Unconventional Projects Theme Office and other expertise under technical service agreements or 3rd-party contracts.
- Contribute to the development of lean, fit-for-purpose standards for the upstream portfolio of projects.
- Take an active part in technical interfaces with PDO and cooperate effectively to supply accurate data.
- Ensure that upstream development concepts and plans are aligned to the needs of the downstream projects.
- Provide technical input required for the processing/transport agreements.