Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs Consultancy is seeking Junior Consultants to work within our Refining and Petrochemicals Practices in either our Chicago or Houston offices. Successful candidates will be key members of the team providing consulting services and contributing to business development activities for our clients.
Jacobs Consultancy has a global reach and can provide opportunities to work with a diverse set of clients across a variety of organizational levels from operations to executive, working in a ‘sell-do’ business model and to be a key member of the Practice.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
A Junior Consultant prepares and delivers client specific reports and presentations, either alone or with a senior member of Jacobs Consultancy. They have working knowledge, both technical and economic in several process technology and operational areas. They assist in defining study objectives, generating proposal and execution plans, and collecting and analyzing data using various modeling and analytical tools, both internal and commercial.
- Builds long term relationships with clients, technology suppliers, vendors, and outside peers
- Develops an understanding of client economics
- Identifies Jacobs’ pull-through opportunities which have positive impact on client business performance
- Supports efforts to develop tools, procedures, and products to continuously improve service delivery
- Uses an understanding of client business to tailor services for maximum positive impact
- Takes responsibility for maintaining high utilization performance; proactively seeks assignments
- Keeps up with technical and economic developments
- Delivers personal product meeting target quality, cost and customer expectations
- Proactively provides ideas and feedback to support tools and methodology improvements to drive productivity and growth
- Identifies activities that will further personal career development
- Leads small projects with minimal supervision
- Applies safety best practices to all aspects of role; proactive in identifying potential gaps
- Effectively communicates expertise to peers and customers; facilitates communications across multi-party activities
- Participates in company meetings with customers, presenting a portion of the overall material
- Values and utilizes the diverse background and skills of people for the attainment of company goals
- Participates in projects through teamwork with other departments and with outside organizations
- Proactively makes knowledge readily accessible
- Has process engineering skills as defined in process engineering technical section; or equivalent for area of consulting expertise
- Has proven capability as a technical expert in one or more areas; and general knowledge across complex: technologies and operations
- Able to translate plant characteristics and data into model objectives and constraints; build models to suit
- Demonstrates process simulation skills; individual unit and plant wide
- Optimizes plant systems / networks, e.g., hydrogen, heat integration, utilities & offsites
- Effectively uses the tools and methodologies to translate technical analysis into client solutions
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Refining and/or Petrochemicals Projects and Technology
- Process design
- Process operations
- Project execution
- Concept development, vision and policy setting
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: United States-Illinois-Chicago
: Nov 12, 2018, 7:15:14 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com