Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
Entry level; performs routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision; work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment, power controls, piping, structures and earthwork to achieve the goal
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- EIT certificate preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 14, 2019, 10:25:40 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com