Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the scope of work and deliverables associated with an area or unit of the project
- Supervise and direct Control Systems personnel assigned to the project area
- Works to resolve staff discipline problems, personality conflicts, poor work habits, etc. that affect the project and execution of the work; when resolution cannot be achieved by the Area Lead on the project task force the Project Lead and / or Discipline Manager is to be engaged
- Performs routine performance appraisals of personnel under his / her supervision
- Gain a full understanding of the area scope in order to coordinate and participate in the development of the Control Systems engineering and design effort-hour estimates
- Responsible for obtaining cost related information and developing scope of work documents for estimates
- Monitor the effort-hour budget, define and provide input on the staffing plan and schedule to ensure that project engineering and design objectives are met, and execution is within the approved budget
- Responsible for reporting on package status to the project manager for the area and performing monthly or bi-weekly assessments of progress (using Jacobs’ EIT program)
- Responsible for tracking key material quantities maintaining a clear understanding and ownership of the impacts on the TIC (Total Installed Cost).
- Initiate PDNs (Project Deviation Notices i.e. change orders) that impact the Control Systems TIC budget, effort-hour budget and/or schedule
- Ensure that the technical content of all engineering / design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure specifications and inquiry/PO requisitions are appropriately reviewed and approved
- Monitor all engineering and design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good engineering practice
- Establish the computer based instrument list and I/O list; maintain the technical content through regular updates
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Area Lead engineers of other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of all information on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements
- Conduct weekly status meetings with the area team to convey and discuss project issues, coordinate/plan key milestone efforts, etc.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 12, 2019, 5:36:48 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com