Houston – Westhollow Technology Center, United States
Skillpool group: Information and Data
Reference ID: 98798BR
The Data engineer is responsible for initiating, development & delivery of Data Analytic solutions in an agile fashion to provide data insights & improvement for business processes.
The Data engineer/scientists uses data and their analytical ability to find and interpret enriched data sources; manage large amounts of data; merge data from varied data sources; ensure consistency of datasets; create visualizations to aid in understanding data; build mathematical models using the data; and present and communicate the data insights/findings and produce and present results with dashboards. Broad knowledge of Wells, Development function, Technology related system, including Downstream’s application/Data.
- Accountable for preparing and Identifying Requirements for an Information and Data Projects
- Accountable for preparing and executing a Work Scope within an Information and Data Service
- Accountable for Final Review of the Service/Work
- Accountable for the Closeout, Quality Review and Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Design and implement new big data solutions which support high volume and complex/varied technical data (Subsurface-surface), supports future growth, use latest big data technologies/techniques, is cloud supported and in-line with Shell’s strategies.
- Challenge and advise – the successful Data Engineers are partners and consultants/collaborators, not just executors of process.
- Design and implement modern data pipelines/ETL to extract, clean and process data in batch and real-time from different data sources.
- Use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources.
- Help establish best practices around data governance, data security- and privacy (GDPR).
- Work together with the solution- and data architect to the define the target data strategy.