- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/19/2018 6:58:49 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- Perform a variety of data loads & data transformations
- Have working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs
- Demonstrate proficiency in implementation of logical / physical data models that support best practices
- Perform integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load
- Conduct extensive data validations to fulfil user requirements
- Have a working knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau
- Be proficient in the use of at least one ETL tool
- Process good communication skills – both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Computer Science, Information Technology from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer
- Minimum 3 years of Database / Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, etc.) experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystemEligibility Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston Texas
- Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
- Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc) experience
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements
- Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the teamLeadership:
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Distills information down to key points
- Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant dataPersonal Attributes:
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea
- Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas
- Deep passion for learning
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.