Job ID: 17797
Development Project Engineer
Our Jackfish Development Maintenance Capital Team is seeking an Intermediate Engineer to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a passionate Engineer who takes pride in working as a self-directed individual and who is also a business savvy professional that can help drive high quality decision making and deliver excellent economic results. Reporting to the Supervisor of Jackfish Development, you will be part of a group whose goal is to maximize value of the Jackfish sites and resource through informal leadership, project stewardship, and capital budget management. You will be part of a collaborative and forward thinking team.
The successful incumbent will play a key role in defining, coordinating, monitoring and supporting the execution of the Maintenance Capital Program. Project complexity will vary based on scope, stakeholder management, and range in capital spend from $250k to $25MM. The team is based in Calgary with minimal travel required.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving Devon’s Environment, Health and Safety targets
- Coordinate the execution of capital projects of varying size and complexity in the Jackfish program area from conception through to turnover
- Develop and implement project management plans in accordance with Devon’s Stage Gate Process (DCPMM)
- Generate clear definition on project scope, deliverables and timing for capital projects
- Enable informed decisions on opportunity selection through economic evaluation and execution strategy
- Communicate project plans and expectations to multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects according to plan (Geology, Reservoir, Surface Land, Regulatory, Aboriginal Affairs, EHS, Drilling & Completions, Facilities, Commissioning, Operations)
- Monitoring cost and schedule to ensure the project objectives are met and influencing corrective measures when required
- Project economics and prioritization; budget planning & reporting
- Participate in business process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering with current P.Eng. status in Alberta
- 7-10 years related engineering experience (preference given to candidates with Thermal Heavy Oil experience)
- Strong people management and conflict resolution skills
- Solid technical background in oil and gas (preferably thermal heavy oil) to understand multi- discipline requirements for the development of capital projects
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and team approach to problem solving
- Strong project management skills (stage gate process familiarity or PMI training would be considered an asset)
- Experience with economic (PEEP) and scheduling (Primavera) software packages
Devon Canada is a great place to do great work. Our unique collaborative culture encourages innovation and cross-functional relationships to achieve great things, as a team. Our aim is to produce energy in the most sustainable way possible; when we’re finished, leave the communities and environments we operate in better than we found them.
The Devon Advantage:
- Top 40 Best Workplaces in Canada and FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 BEST Companies to Work For
- Emerald Award winning environmental performance
- Premier SAGD operations
- Award winning gym facility in Calgary and Jackfish
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Bonus and long-term incentive programs
- An employee-focused, performance driven environment
Environment, health and safety are at the core of everything we do at Devon. We’re committed to getting each employee and contractor home safe every night, and preserving the quality of the environment for future generations. The successful candidate will help maintain a high level of excellence in these areas, requiring them to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
Devon is an inclusive and diverse employer.
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Developer, Engineer, Geology, Engineering, Technology