In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution.
- Be responsible for building a world class software development team to support the system integration of the platform.
- Design and execute on a well thought out strategy for Predix Platform Integration team.
- Be responsible for aligning with cross-functional service team owners to understand initiatives and implementations.
- Deliver application and services to validate and ensure the platform meets all operational standards.
- Coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of lean/agile scrum masters.
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software.
- Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes.
- Work with product owners and architects to develop multi-generation software technology plans.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products.
- Keep project data relating to tracking and financials current.
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and BHGE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Build a world class software development team to consistently deliver complex software platforms and research projects of varying size and duration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the software domain or a Master’s Degree with 6 years of experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering leadership / management role
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
- Recognizes patterns and complexity in problems. Extracts decomposition algorithms, and strategically plans how to execute programs by understanding how best to decompose to expose / protect against risk
- Thorough knwolegde of Software Development Life Cycle principles
- Through working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and best practices
- Understanding of full stack platform concepts and technologies
- Good understanding of Platform Integration strategies by developing applications and framework.
- Executes product vision. Builds the product roadmap. Maps current requirements to industry trends, analyses competition trends
- Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Technologies and complex Platform Integrated Systems. Capable of designing technical implementation plans around integrating Platform systems.
- Prioritizes projects based on an assessment of competitive needs. Anticipates areas of competitive vulnerability and offers plans to mitigate them
- Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends. Acts as industry expert by participating in defining standards and open source initiatives
- Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation. Creates and pitches value for the BHGE investor while balancing that with the sometimes competing value for the external customer. Continuous engagement with focus on GE strategy for customer satisfaction
- Establishes framework for a culture of successful collaboration by defining a common understanding of who has decision rights and accountability, and how collaboration and transparency are rewarded
- Establishes vision, Identifies and champions internal/external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality. Drives an organization of efficiency, accountability and ownership
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
- Build a team of highly technical engineers to implement and integrate applications using the Predix Platform ego system.
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evangelizes and contributes to the BHGE standards for critical thinking best practices and methodologies across the enterprise. Defines new critical thinking methods. Engages with external thought-leaders and communities on analytical and critical thinking methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Evangelizes the notion that anything worth doing takes repeated effort and failure. Drives the organization toward a continued excitement of attaining the vision and goal in the face of resistance
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to BHGE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems
- Take on technical challenges and direct the team to achieve a high level of understanding of the platform and industrial use cases.
About Us:GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations:United States; Louisiana; New Orleans
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.