- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/28/2018 6:55:01 PM
- Job #: 3216807
- Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston
The Director of Strategic Digital Technology Vendor Management is responsible for the oversight, health and evolution of the BHGE strategic IT vendor ecosystem. This includes both program management and day-to-day administration of our most strategically important vendor relationships. He/She will be the primary point of responsibility for interfacing with internal resources and strategic vendors to ensure optimal value is delivered from our partner relationships.
In the role of [insert title] you will:
- Develop and manage a strategic vendor program for IT – collaborate with internal stakeholders including IT and Sourcing to develop criteria and best practices for program goals and outcomes
- Serve as the point of contact between strategic vendor organizations and internal customers consuming IT vendor services and solutions
- Develop a knowledge management program that promotes strategic vendor involvement in developing internal BHGE capabilities
- Improve controls, policies and processes for managing strategic vendor relationships
- Ensure strategic vendors are aligned through formal executive sponsorship and relationship development
- Establish and maintain internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interaction
- Formalize policies and processes that promote collaboration and cooperation across the vendor ecosystem
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with strategic vendors to review performance, drive continuous improvement and understand strategic opportunities
- Identify and review IT demand and drive strategic alignment
- Oversee onboarding of new vendors and vendor resources
- Initiate and manage a strategic vendor issue management program
- Manage the communication process with vendors to optimize and streamline communications
- Implement a vendor performance program that motivates vendors and is focused on achieving organizational objectives
- Develop vendor tracking, analytics and performance management tools (scorecards, KPI’s, dashboards) to measure and report vendor performance
- Develop and maintain strategic vendor risk assessments in cooperation with the security and compliance team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in vendor management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university is desirable
- Ability to juggle different projects / priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Ability to balance structure and flexibility, with a fearlessness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively align and influence the organization around common goals and objectives
- Strong executive presence and experience dealing with senior business leaders, including presenting to executive leadership
- Proven experience in successful management of vendors / third parties, including, but not limited to, strategy, policies, performance, vendor risk, relationships, contracts, and issue and dispute resolution
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) experience is desired, but not required
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Broad knowledge of the IT industry and the products and services provided by technology vendors
- Understanding of the entire vendor life cycle (sourcing, procurement, vendor management), and how internal roles interact and operate throughout the duration of vendor engagements
- Solid grasp of financial concepts
- Well-developed leadership, management and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and motivate others in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
- Relationship skills that will facilitate positive vendor behaviors, establish healthy new engagements and deepen existing ones
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
- Commitment, Perseverance, Passion!
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.