Location: Stavanger, Norway
Apply by:November 4, 2018
Position type:Contract (Office)
Job ID #:29871
Aker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions has secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions’ SAS/Instrument group within the department Instrument, SAS, Electrical and Telecom based in Stavanger, Norway consists of over 45 highly qualified engineers. The engineers contribute in all phases of the projects, from front end studies to detail design and fabrication support.
We are now looking for a Discipline Task Responsible Engineer for temporary position in Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Responsible for electrical design and layout, system engineering, including calculations (Lighting, cable sizing, short-circuit current, etc.)
• Responsible for vendor follow-up and review technical documents and drawings related to electrical, mechanical and instrument procurement packages
• Capable to prepare/update MTOs for bulk items and weight inputs
• Capable to identify and review discipline scope of work and technical requirements for multi-discipline tasks
• Responsible for electrical study and detail engineering, including cost estimate for onshore and offshore scope
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
• Minimum 8 years of work experience as an electrical engineer on oil and gas industries
• Previous work experience as a field engineer / commissioning engineer will be an advantage
• Ability to work and co-ordinate with the colleagues in split-location
• Masters / bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent. Degree below bachelors can be considered if the candidate has significant relevant work experience as a package responsible engineer or field engineer.
• Software Skills: SAP, TIME, PEM and STID
• Good knowledge of both Norwegian and English
• Contract period: 05.11.2018 – 31.12.2019
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Senior Recruiter Camilla Kopteff, 0047 926 32 012