Location: Kamp-Lintfort, NW, DE
Company: Dover Corporation
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation’s Fluids segment.
Inpro/Seal is the worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of permanent bearing protection and gas purged shaft seals for rotating equipment across all industries. Since inventing the original bearing isolator in 1977, Inpro/Seal has serviced customers with increased mean-time-between-failure (MTBF) and industry-leading response times; most products are shipped within 24 hours of order. Headquartered in Rock Island, Illinois USA, Inpro/Seal maintains a global network of Regional Managers and customer support representatives.
All Inpro/Seal products are custom engineered to a customer’s exact requirements. All products are manufactured according to quality standards certified to ISO 9001:2000.
Inpro/Seal’s success comes from years of extensive research and development based on customer feedback and analysis of market requirements. As an operating company of Waukesha Bearings, a member of the Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV) group of companies, Inpro/Seal is committed to market leadership, an ongoing investment in technology and a strong sense of partnership with customers
Primarily responsible for making sales calls and providing commercial and technical service to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) customers and the distribution channel within an assigned district to achieve revenue and profitability goals. A District Manager may also call upon OEM accounts, as directed by a Regional Manager. A District Manager for Inpro/Seal is a territory sales position. This position seeks opportunities to apply Inpro/Seal permanent bearing protection products in processing industries such as pulp & paper, chemical, petroleum and mining.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify target markets and applications in district (MRO).
- Identify customers in district; establish and maintain relationships as required.
- Maintain sales channels to served markets; channel management support.
- New opportunity identification; share gain, new applications / products.
- Conduct training and educational programs for sales channel & customer base.
- Provide daily call reports on sales and support execution to Regional Manager.
- Provide customer service. This will include assistance with installations.
- Liaise with inside sales in appropriate region.
- Must be a confident self-starter with demonstrated decision and organizational skills.
- The successful applicant must be willing and able to work independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- 3-5 years experience in an industrial field sales or service role, preferably in the rotating equipment / mechanical seal field. Working background or knowledge in engineering concepts and methodologies required. Experience with MRO selling model, including working with sales representatives and distributors preferred.
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification is required, preferably to Degree standard, although HND or equivalent will be considered.
Direct entry into a successful and established company with an international focus and strong growth. A responsible position with development opportunities and exciting challenges as well as an attractive remuneration including a company car, even for private use. Several weeks of training at our headquarters in the USA, as well as regular attendance at the sales meetings of European sales manager in different European countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.