Req ID 96208BR
Job category Wells
Countries (State/Region) Scotland
Location United Kingdom – Scotland – Aberdeen/Dyce
The Level I Drilling Engineer (DE) is responsible for delivery of well designs, planning and programmes that meet business objectives, are in compliance with local regulations and in conformance with all BP practices and procedures. The DE (I) applies basic subject knowledge as a practitioner in the well construction process, capable of performing a contributor role in multi-discipline team planning and execution support of single well projects.
- Responsible for supporting delivery of DE work tasks on individual wells with scope requiring more than one DE.
- Responsible for DE input to multi-function / stakeholder activities required to deliver the less complex well projects within a regional portfolio from PID to execution.
- Responsible for delivery of drilling engineering design and planning activities required for the less complex well projects within a regional portfolio.
- Provide DE input to delivering required Stage Gate support material.
- Perform Right-Scoping to identify the optimal well construction choices.
- Develop well (AFE) and project (FM) cost estimates.
- Conduct offset and benchmarking.
- Input to the drilling section of well SOR.
- Develop well basis of design documents.
- Write drilling execution programmes.
- Responsible for delivery of drilling engineering operational support required for the less complex well projects within a regional portfolio
- QA/QC daily reports
- Support operational execution through development of site work instructions.
- Conduct post-job (after action) reviews with operational team
- Develop drilling engineering solutions to problems encountered during well execution
- Responsible for delivery of post-well reports, learning for the less complex well projects within a regional portfolio
- Capture well learning for input into Learning Alerts and Bulletins.
- Capture all pertinent performance data for reporting.
- Produces End of Well Reports.
- Develops risk mitigation plans and any required Management of Change documentation.
- Educated to Bachelor of Science in an engineering or scientific discipline or higher.
Essential experience and job requirements
Ideally experience in delivering Well Engineering as per the SOR and performance expectations as a Level J (Challenge) Drilling Engineer on well engineering projects; working knowledge of well design and construction methods; basic working knowledge of BP’s engineering tools and principles; prior engineer field experience on drilling rigs; developing knowledge in fluids, cementing, casing design and well design implications; developing working knowledge of completions and workovers design and operations; developing practitioner in the well construction workflow process (e.g. NWcP) and contributor to multi-discipline team planning to delivery single well project milestones. Experience in alternative engineering / technical discipline would be considered.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.