- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/10/2019 8:52:13 AM
- Job #: 1906965
- Location(s): Qatar; Qatar; DOHA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This role is expression of interest; we offer the opportunity as an experienced Drilling & Optimization Engineer to join the team in Doha, Qatar.
Provides top-level support to the product line(s), technical selling support, key field product applications support, and other related drilling operations, well prognosis, and/or completion product performance support. Top engineering/technical position at region or area. (Field Service Personnel not included.) Handles special projects, as assigned.
Provides modelling and analysis for drilling optimization disciplines, evaluate the drilling process to identify and evaluate challenges, identify solutions and make professional and safe recommendations to improve drilling performance.
- Must have minimum Bachelor Degree in the Engineering, Geology, Petroleum or Science discipline from an accredited university;
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of Oil and Gas Industry experience with at least Five (5) years of practical well delivery optimization experience;
- Must have extensive knowledge in drilling operations, formation evaluation while drilling (FEWD) response, wellbore stability and performance;
- Minimum Seven (5) years of experience in using engineer’s data model (COMPASS, WELLPLAN, Open Wells) suites or equivalent that provide comprehensive set of engineering tools for analysis, well planning, modelling, and well operations optimization;
- An expert in Real-time technologies, client business and operational processes with a minimum of ten (7) years’ experience in this area;
- Experience in supporting drilling operations and provide intervention for early warning on any anticipated down hole problems;
- Extensive knowledge of drilling optimization, FEWD response plots, evaluation of FEWD and mud logging data;
- Good knowledge of well control techniques, e.g. warnings sign, kick detection, hole cleaning and etc;
- Knowledge in Surface Data Logging (SDL), Logging While Drilling (LWD), pore pressure determination, log interpretation, and proficiency in all software applications used in the field;
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all call management support and service level guidelines to provide recommendations on improvement. Provides coaching to customer/contractor staff on processes;
- Able to contribute to Best Practices in project delivery and set project objectives and priorities;
- Has developed project management skills and is capable of leading project teams of up to 5 people;
- Able to contribute to performance by challenging rigs on different approaches to operations to improve performance;
- Has excellent command of English language in both speaking and writing.
- Proficiency in Arabic language is beneficial
- Must have Middle East/GCC drilling experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Qatar; Qatar; DOHA