Date: Apr 8, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Engineer II is an intermediate-level position who, under general supervision and guidance, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge of engineering principles. Conducts engineering studies. Secures, interprets, and evaluates data. Applies basic understanding of the engineering function. Ability to perform routine engineering assignments, under review. Possesses a good understanding of the role’s own technical or specialized professional knowledge and has defined skills directly related to the functions purpose. Problems can be defined and understood with a limited range of solutions made available and solved with reference to past experience and reference points. Able to draft and defend a basic technical paper; can deliver a basic technical presentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with company reservoir engineering, facility engineering, drilling, operations, and procurement/materials personnel to coordinate the installation of medium to high voltage electric distribution systems (EDS).
- Creates and supports reactive and preventative maintenance activities for company-owned EDS infrastructure.
- Coordinates with private and public land owners, co-ops, and electrical construction companies to execute EDS projects from inception through planning, construction, and commissioning.
- Identifies and executes projects to improve the overall reliability of company-owned distribution systems.
- Provides cost estimates and economics justification for EDS project.
- Design low voltage pad-based electrical systems for power and instrumentation.
- Create bill of materials, budgets, and schedules for assigned electrical projects.
- Prepares electrical engineering plans, designs, calculations, reports, etc. for small to medium scale projects
- Performs engineering activities for construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Prepares technical drawings and specifications.
- Prepares material specifications and costing analysis.
- Facilitates project site inspections (if applicable) to monitor progress and conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
- Supports operational related efficiency projects and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of the practical application of electrical engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Able to model power distribution systems integrating GIS and electrical simulation software.
- Able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to determine how systems should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment affect outcomes, as well as evaluate system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance.
- Able to analyze needs and product requirements to create engineering designs.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university and one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program, or
- Other – Professional Engineer (PE) license or
- Master’s degree – from accredited university – Master’s of Engineering degree from a program in which the correlating Bachelor’s degree is accredited by the ABET EAC
Minimum: 2 – 5 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Construction, Electrical, Geology, Engineering
- This job has expired!