- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 11/29/2018 9:56:00 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
- Evaluate new applications of Measurement and Control Solutions Bently Nevada product lines for safety and quality
- Create new designs and modifications for the Measurement and Control Solutions Bently Nevada product line
- Continually enhance existing products for improved function and manufacturability
- Work productively with all aspects of the business (e.g. sales, manufacturing, purchasing, planning)
- Engage in all aspects of project development ranging from system-level design and requirements analysis through code development and testing
- Design digital and analog hardware using printed circuit board layout tools
- Support customer questions regarding products, specifications, application, etc.
- Support / redesign existing products to use newer components, fix defects, etc.
- Analyze analog and digital circuits to ensure that they meet specifications and/or to find root cause of defects
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Desired Characteristics:
- Demonstrated knowledge with electromagnetic compliant design techniques
- Minimum of 10 weeks of internship experience in electrical design
- Working knowledge of hazardous area certifications
- Demonstrated skill in Orcad, PCAD, and/or Altium printed circuit board layout tools
- Demonstrated ability to continue complicated jobs to completion in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive process improvements
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Fast learner with energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of and experience with the Bently Nevada product line
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design and manufacturing concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and analog circuitry
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Nevada; Minden
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.