Role Summary:The Electrical Manufacturing Engineer will develop and implement new and improved methods for manufacturing, assembly, and testing of harsh environment sensors used in oil and gas exploration, radiation monitoring, nuclear reactors, and gas turbines.
In the role of Electrical Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- Work collaboratively among the manufacturing and technology teams to drive improvements into electrical assembly, test setups, yield at test, test automation and storage and retrieval of data
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Contribute to NPI (New Product Introduction) programs throughout prototype, pilot, and production launch stage gates
- Integrating new equipment and/or upgrades
- Develop and maintain manufacturing, assembly, and testing specifications and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Operations
- Desired Characteristics:
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly, electrical systems, and electrical component assembly, ESD best practices
- Experience with programming such as Lab View / Visual Basic / C++ / Test Stand programming
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean principles
- Driven to make improvements, engage others, and achieve results
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- SQL Server programming experience / Relational database a plus
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Ohio; Twinsburg
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.