We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Use data science and statistical analysis with experience building mathematical algorithms and machine learning models to effectively solve business problems. Must be familiar with data visualization software applications, such as R, Power BI, Spotfire or Tableau. Build tools/workflows and support structures needed to analyze data, perform data cleaning, execute feature detection and extract business value from data. Interact and use large data sets, unstructured data, structured data and supporting compute/cloud systems – experience with Microsoft Azure or Hadoop preferred. Write code/software in one of the following languages with multi-language experience preferred: R, Python, MATLAB, C. Under minimal guidance develop prototype workflows & software for use in field operations. Possess strong communication skills to support BD and customer interaction when technical input is required. Must have a degree in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Physics. Basic knowledge of oil and gas unconventional operations preferred.
- Under minimial guidance use data, software and mathematics/algorithms to develop business hypotheses, answer questions or identify trends that are critical for the business.
- Develop prototype data analysis and processing workflows for use in field applications.
- Create data visualization products to communicate results both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with other analytics colleagues to formulate analysis plans.
- Work with development teams, operations and business groups to ensure models/workflows can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across all districts/crews/clients.
- Stay engaged with the latest technologies/software available in the area of big data and data analytics.
- Provide guidance to the business on potential data-related investment opportunities, appropriate analytics tools and big data collaboration opportunities both internally and externally.
- Capture intellectual property for Halliburton in the area of algorithms, automation, big data, data visualization.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, or similar discipline and a minimum of 2 years related experience. Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional is preferred
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available for Tech Prof-Eng/Petrol Apply, Sr. Tech Prof-Eng/Petro Appl or Principal Tech Prof-Eng/Petro Appl.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 72415
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Statistics, Cloud, Data Analyst, Technology, Data