Engineer Trainee – Frac
Required Travel: 75% – 100%
Number of Openings: 1
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type of Position:
Position Status: Full Time
Additional Available Locations:
As an Engineer in Training, you will learn firsthand the necessary daily operations to perform a stimulation job on a well. Your training will be done predominantly on wellsite locations with an emphasis on hands-on training. Training will begin with safe equipment maintenance and operating procedures. Then progress to completions fluid training with an onsite fluid technician. The final phase of training will take place in the data van under the supervision of an engineer. You will learn the equipment operating and data analyzing software used to complete a stimulation job.
- Learn wellsite safety.
- Learn major components of equipment.
- Learn proper operating procedures for equipment.
- Assist equipment operators with maintenance.
- Assist equipment operators with daily duties.
- Learn all completion fluid systems.
- Learn proper proppant and fluid testing practices.
- Assist fluid technician with pre-job testing and set up.
- Learn equipment operating and stimulation software.
- Assist engineer in proppant and chemical ordering.
- Assist engineer in completing a stimulation job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A basic understanding of hydraulics, mechanical power, and chemistry.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office applications, Excel, MS Word, etc…
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Multitasking, interpersonal communication and attention to detail are all required skills.
- Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”
Required Experience and Education
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled