Location: Artarmon, AU
Company: Weir Minerals
Business Need / Purpose of Role
To support the Weir Minerals business through the effective delivery of compliant Engineering Operations including, but not limited to, all aspects of Engineering Policy, Engineering Process Framework and Better Practice.
The role is responsible for the effective delivery of NPD through effective Phase Gate Review, Project Management performance and Project Reporting.
Objectives and Measurements
Including but not limited to:
Policy and Process Framework
- Review, define, implement and continually improve Weir Minerals Engineering Policy and Process Framework
- Review, define, implement and continually improve Weir Minerals Engineering Project Management Framework
- Review, define, implement and continually improve Weir Minerals Engineering Better Practice and Compliance Framework
- Increase compliance to the Policy and Process Framework, including best practice throughout Weir Minerals
- Establish and more robust engineering policy framework with visible widespread compliance
- Define, implement and continually improve Weir Minerals Engineering Quality Management System, including and effective audit and improvement regime
- Conduct routine audits to ensure business operations are supported by suitable, adequate and effective processes and work instructions that demonstrate compliance to Divisional Engineering Quality Management System
- Conduct routine audits to ensure business operations have business improvement initiatives that drive cost efficiencies, productivity and effectiveness
NPD Program Performance
- Ensure NPD operations are supported by suitable, adequate and effective processes, including the management of risks impacting business outcomes, including business improvement initiatives that drive cost efficiencies
- Implement and continuously improve NPD processes and performance
- Program Management of all NPD Projects for the business to ensure customer experience and loyalty are of the highest benchmark
- Delivery of Project Reporting to internal stakeholders in line with project mandate, requirements and Project Management better practice. Reporting is inclusive of the proactive and visible reporting of performance exceptions.
- Plans and controls projects containing multiple sub-projects and/or 3rd party activities with external dependencies. Re-plans/baselines to maintain expected outcomes, while managing scope and milestone changes.
Job knowledge / Other requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- Post graduate level (Master’s degree or PhD) in engineering.
- At least five years’ experience in the setting up and operating within an engineering quality management system. Particularly in a globally collaborative engineering environment.
- Project management expertise, with proven ability to effectively manage the combination of commercial and engineering/technical pressures involved in setting up new programs.
- Proven experience in design and deployment of New Product Implementation processes.
- Experience working in a global organization and exposure, including multicultural awareness
- Strong experience with Process Management; optimal process design and implementation.
- Very strong report writing, presentation preparation and oral communication skills
- Very strong commitment to improve on time delivery
- Very strong capability to provide customer service and exercise diplomacy
- Very strong commitment and proactive attitude towards Environment, Health and Safety
- Willingness to travel internationally and operate outside normal working hours.
- Understanding of methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Understanding of automated tools to assist in the project management process, by automating mechanical tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and time recording.
- Understanding of methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Project Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing, Microsoft SharePoint
Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Work Environment: Business office with computers and printers, light traffic