Date: Jan 8, 2019
Location: Houston, TX, US, 77032
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Engineering Project Manager
· The primary responsibility of this position is to work with the business and technical team to determine the scope of the project, product requirements, project plan and schedule, and assign activities to the team members responsible for delivery.
· Under broad supervision, manage one or more large internal, outsourced or customer-funded projects involving multiple disciplines, departments or centers.
· Develop and negotiate approval for the project charter and scope, assist financial analysis, ensure completion of technical and detailed product specifications, manage project creep and ensure complete and accurate project release.
· With collaboration, define project requirement and develop strategy and plan with execution schedule.
· Plan and frame the team structure based on available resources.
· Identify roles and responsibility of all resources and monitor progress and provide prompt feedback on performance of each individual with recommendation on improvement.
· Churn out external resources/vendors and tools that will be required in doing the project.
· Coordinate and maintain close communication strategy with manufacturing, supply chain, operation, finance and business to ensure roles and responsibilities of each function is clear.
· Pinpoint the project stages and measure the task in progress at regular interval.
· Hold technical reviews, coordinate planning for validation of the product, conduct field test and commercialize the product. Experience in using Stage Gate product development and ability to manage multiple projects is a must.
· Make corrective measures to overcome the possible causes leading to project delay.
· Make critical decisions to update plan and mitigate technical and non-technical risks.
· Report regularly on project progress with regard to budget, timeline, milestones, and deliverables.
· Responsible for delivering the project, on time, on budget, and with the right specifications.
Qualifications and skills
· Minimum degree level Bachelors. PhD is preferred. Minimum work experience 8 years (10-15 is preferred).
· Experience in managing a team and project (Minimum 3 years, desired 6+ years)
· Recommended degrees EE, ME, CHE.
· Knowledge and experience in reliability analysis and Six Sigma is a plus
· Knowledge and experience in systems engineering and software development
· Knowledge and experience in oil field operations is preferred
· Advanced time management and analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 67498
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Testing, Technology, Management, Operations