Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
This is an entry level position. The Piping Designer will be responsible for the preparation of engineering drawings for all construction work by utilizing AutoCAD. In close cooperation with the engineering department team, the Piping Designer will produce detailed drawings, including as-builts, schematics and flow diagrams, P&ID’s and piping drawings.
- Assist senior designers in pipe design work done at a project site, such as preparing hand drawn sketches and taking field measurements.
- Perform basic CAD drafting on drawings such as Plot Plans and Piping Standards.
- Make basic 3D model modifications as directed by area 3D designers.
- Perform the task of isometric drawing tracking and issuing.
- High School or Associate Graduate with adequate related CAD drafting training.
- No direct piping design experience required, but is preferred.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Familiarization with industry standard CAD/CAE applications is a plus.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 15, 2019, 9:07:05 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com