date: Jan 9, 2019
location: Houston, TX Texas, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position ofETC Stimulation Engineer located in Chevron Office Houston, Texas .Through January 11. 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The key job responsibilities include:
- Develop technology and provide expert consulting to evaluate, enhance, and optimize reservoir and well productivity for all upstream assets
- Focus on the application of well stimulation technologies, as well as technologies to mitigate fines migration, scaling, and corrosion
- Collaborate with asset teams to evaluate, enhance, and optimize well productivity and injectivity; as well as completion engineers to ensure execution quality of well stimulation jobs
- Commercialize and deploy new differentiated well stimulation technologies
- Mentor less experienced staff and provide in-house training
- Minimum requirement: a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering; Master’s degree in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in well stimulation or equivalent field
- Expert skill level in well stimulation (hydraulic fracturing or acid fracturing). Knowledgeable in fracture design, post job analysis, and production optimization. Experienced using fracture software such as M-Frac, StimPlan, or Kinetix. Experience with on-site quality control and job execution. Experience in unconventional stimulation is strongly preferred. Familiar with remedial operations utilizing rigs, coiled tubing, wireline, or slickline. Experience with producing problems such as fines migration, scaling, and corrosion.
- Able to initiate, lead, guide, and support technology development in response to business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage and maintain a broad and diverse base of mutually beneficial relationships. Ability to determine customer needs, educate customers on solutions, and manage customer expectations.
- Able to provide mentoring and training to less experienced staff in fracture design, post job analysis, and productivity and injectivity optimization.
- Travel may be required for extended periods (longer than 2 weeks)
- Relocation within Chevron Parameters