Oct 10, 2018
Experienced Geotechnical Engineer – (CEN0000OB)
Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans transport, industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs Perth is renowned for the excellence of our technical consulting and project delivery expertise. With a variety of current projects and a strong pipeline we are seeking to recruit a, Experienced Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist ideally with strong experience within transport, building infrastructure and resource projects. Reporting to the Lead Geotechnical Engineer this role offers an opportunity to take that next step and be part of a highly experienced team where you can learn and develop your skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical input into the design, geotechnical investigation and interpretation, on multidisciplinary projects across Jacobs’s infrastructure, resource, power and water utilities sectors
- Input into proposals and technical reports to assist the team to develop opportunities to win work
- Support the growth within the geotechnical business through team collaboration and mentoring
- Considerable experience post qualification in geotechnical project management and delivery on a range of projects
- An ability to mentor and coach junior members of the geotechnical team
- Ability to assist in delivering bids and proposals including development of value propositions, commercial understanding, risk management, and resource management
- Competent with providing direction to field subcontractors for the delivery of geotechnical investigations
- Proven ability in logging soils and rock to Australian Standards
- Competent in report writing and managing the delivery of geotechnical reports
- Experience with finite element analysis and associated geotechnical software, whilst preferable is not essential
- Identify client satisfaction drivers for projects and develop strategies with project teams to achieve them
- Identify and address issues that would impact on desired project outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology
- Exposure to Australian specifications and WA experience will be highly regarded
- Ability to think laterally, analytically, logically and communicate at the highest level with internal and external stakeholders
At Jacobs we value careers, diversity and lifestyle and having the right balance strengthens our ability to deliver and exceed our clients’ expectations. Working alongside industry leaders you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and well-being events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. Rethinking how you work, our culture at Jacobs means it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts! It’s a great time to join Jacobs.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs
: Australia-Australia Countrywide-Perth
: Oct 10, 2018
With approximately $11 Billion in revenues, Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. We serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies. Our global network includes approximately 54,000 employees in more than 230 offices in more than 30 countries, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia. Learn more about Jacobs at www.jacobs.com