Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Job ID: 17524
Facilities Evaluation Engineer
Devon Canada has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Evaluation Engineer to join our Facilities Asset Support team for our Canadian Heavy Oil operations. Reporting to the Facilities Evaluation Supervisor, this role is responsible for technical evaluation and conceptual engineering of projects in the early stages of development. This role is also responsible for developing long term plans to proactively manage aging assets, and supporting evaluation of new technology deployment. The role involves significant collaboration with numerous teams within the organization such as Development, Operations, Facilities, Asset Integrity and Technology.
Why Consider this Role?
Join our high performing team and gain valuable and diverse technical SAGD experience working with plants in various stages of a project life cycle:
- Proactively identify threats to plant reliability and uptime. Develop and maintain district mitigation plans using sound engineering methodology to minimize impact to production and opex, and optimize sustaining capital requirements.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to optimize SAGD facility throughput and reliability, focused on long term, sustainable operations. Responsible for leading technical evaluation of longer term (>1 year), complex issues.
- Provide engineering support to evaluation of projects in the early stages of development. This may include feasibility studies, conceptual engineering, capital requirements, opex impact and/or risk impact.
- Provide engineering support to the Technology team, including evaluation of new technology deployment and its impact on surface Facilities.
This position will offer the right candidate variety in their daily work life, learning opportunities and the chance to add value to the Jackfish thermal project and other Heavy Oil assets. We are looking for someone who is eager to add value to the team by leveraging your existing knowledge.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
- 10+ years of related engineering experience; 3 years’ experience in thermal heavy oil facilities preferred
- Technical understanding of heavy oil treating, steam generation, water treatment processes and plant control systems
- Experience with building and maintaining asset management plans for fixed and rotating equipment, including assessment of equipment health and proactively identifying sustaining capital requirements
- Experience scoping and executing conceptual engineering studies to determine feasibility of mechanical or process changes
- Reliability and/or Asset Integrity experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of regulatory and engineering codes, standards and practices
- Experience in Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Process Safety Management, Root Cause Analysis and Risk Assessment Process is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Health & Safety
Devon Canada is a great place to do great work. Our unique collaborative culture encourages innovation and cross-functional relationships to achieve great things, as a team. Our aim is to produce energy in the most sustainable way possible; when we’re finished, leave the communities and environments we operate in better than we found them.
The Devon Advantage:
- Top 40 Best Workplaces in Canada and FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 BEST Companies to Work For
- Emerald Award winning environmental performance
- Premier SAGD operations
- Award winning gym facility in Calgary and Jackfish
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Bonus and long-term incentive programs
- An employee-focused, performance driven environment
Environment, health and safety are at the core of everything we do at Devon. We’re committed to getting each employee and contractor home safe every night, and preserving the quality of the environment for future generations. The successful candidate will help maintain a high level of excellence in these areas, requiring them to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
Devon is an inclusive and diverse employer.
Job Segment: Facilities, Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Water Treatment, Wastewater, Operations, Engineering