Location: Midland, TX, US
Job ID: 17708
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
The Construction/Facilities Engineer provides design, implementation and management for moderately complex oil, gas, and water surface facilities and pipelines. Works with a broad group of engineers, Production and EHS staff. Works under minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Petroleum Preferred)
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as a facilities engineer and related experience in production, plant, pipeline and SWD facility design, construction and operations. Well site surface facility and field assignment experience is preferred.
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Support Operational Readiness Reviews
- Conduct Management of Change Technical Review
- Proactively work with the Delaware Business Unit to provide technical support for troubleshooting facility related operational issues
- Identify, develop and document scope of work and cost estimates for facility optimization projects to assure compliance with government regulations (local, state, federal, etc.) and maximum flow efficiency and hydrocarbon recovery
- Work in conjunction with safety, environmental and field operations personnel to optimize well site safety and environmental performance
- Integrate with field operations to maintain/build relationships and manage priorities
- Participating member on incident investigations for Facility Engineering
- Support the Business Unit with legacy relief valve sizing
- Familiarity with industry codes such as ASME B31.8 and ability to comply with Devon specific standards and guidelines
- Communicate best practices on facilities throughout the Business Unit and company
- Use PVT analysis to model recombined hydrocarbon systems for air emissions at various temperatures and pressures and facility pipe and equipment sizing exercises using commercial software such as ProMax or HYSYS
- Possess the right and obligation to stop work if an unsafe condition exists
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
- Knowledge in local, state and federal regulatory laws and regulations
- Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving problems
- Able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals
- Efficient time management and the ability to concurrently handle multiple projects
- Intermediate Level computer skills
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team atDiversity@dvn.com.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Job Segment: Construction, Facilities, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Field Engineer, Operations, Engineering