- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/7/2018 11:58:28 AM
- Job #: 3204939
- Location(s): United States; Colorado; Longmont
This position requires an individual that possesses a solid understanding of gas turbine electrical and mechanical control system hardware and software as well as exhibits strong systems engineering and communication skills.
In the role of Gas Turbine Controls Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical leadership for assigned projects under the overall management responsibility of the project manager. Accountable for on-time schedule performance, project milestones, customer deliverables, and compliance with regulations and standards
- Apply electrical engineering principles to analyze, propose, design, program, test and troubleshoot control systems associated with the gas turbine retrofit business
- Review contract documentation and customer specifications, and have experience creating equipment specifications and detailed design documentation for the development of appropriate control solutions
- Design systems for interface to existing turbine equipment and evaluate all system components, requirements, and interactions
- Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost-effective designs
- Support customer meetings, assembly testing and field service of control systems
- Support field services team on project installation & commissioning
- Frequently interact with customers and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process control software and/or hardware engineering of programmable logic controllers
- GE Mark IV/V/VI/VIe control system programming and system design
- Familiarity with GE and non-GE heavy duty and aero derivative gas turbines and their control theories
- Field engineering experience with turbine control retrofits is a strong plus
- Knowledge of various control third party products (Woodward, Allen-Bradley, Siemens etc.)
- Solid background in industrial communication protocols
- Visualization system skills
- Experience in process instrumentation
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Well-developed computer application skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization
- Strong influence, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment
- Self-starter mindset and constant engagement in developing new skills
- Track record of handling steep learning curves, and exhibiting can-do attitude
- Must work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Proven history of long cycle control system projects
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Green Belt certified (BHGE employees only)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Colorado; Longmont
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.