Req ID 96217BR
Job category Subsurface
Countries (State/Region) North
Location Trinidad and Tobago – North – Port of Spain
The Trinidad Region produces approximately 2.1 bcfd of gas (~55% of the country’s demand), underpinned by nearby existing upstream infrastructure, established midstream operations and long-term gas sales contracts in the Region. The Trinidad Shelf exploration team has kickstarted a recent exploration programme with the successful Savannah and Macadamia wells in 2017, building on strong regional understanding of the Columbus Basin shelf fairway and supported by an in-depth lead sweep on the Phase 1 Ocean Bottom Cable seismic dataset. With an active well planning campaign, we continue to push the technical limits for seismic data with plans for further state-of-the-art processing to continue the search for additional exploration segments around our existing fields to maintain our gas contract supply. In addition, we have recently acquired a Phase 2 Ocean Bottom Node dataset in the northern area of the basin and plan to initiate further lead sweep work with our partner.
The team is seeking an experienced Geologist to support infrastructure-led exploration well planning, ongoing lead sweep and prospect inventory updates, as well as bid round analysis in the broader Trinidad offshore acreage. The role requires an integrated geologist with experience in exploration common process and offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced gas value chain business including new access evaluations, infrastructure led exploration prospecting/drill out and possible resource appraisal. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of competitor activity, fostering/developing stakeholder and partner relationships and monitoring regulator strategy with respect to exploration.
- Responsible for integrated play description and prospect inventory within the Trinidad Shelf area with updated understanding from new data/ exploration activity
- Interpretation of existing 3D Ocean Bottom Seismic data and any future re-processed products across the Shelf area in support of integrated reservoir descriptions
- Support to the Exploration, New Well Delivery (NWD) and Wells teams during the planning and execution of wells in the Area.
- Delivery of regional bid round evaluation.
- Coaching and mentoring of less experienced staff as well as self-directed technical work overseen and assured by the exploration function and discipline leads.
University Geoscience degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of five years relevant industry experience.
- Applicants must have strong integrated exploration skills, supported by broader subsurface knowledge, including:
- Strong 3D seismic interpretation skills, preferably with experience mapping in paralic environments and normal fault regimes
- Strong background in well log interpretation and integrating geological interpretation products with seismic attributes such as spectral decomposition.
- Experience in delivery of exploration and appraisal products such as risk matrices and probabilistic volumetric
- Methods for assessing uncertainty & risk and products for input to resource estimation.
- Experience of working with JV partners and commercial analysis would be beneficial.
- Coaching & mentoring of less experienced staff
- Proven track record of delivery, high level written and oral communication skills
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.