Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Geoscience
Reference ID: 104531BR
The Geo-information analyst will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the geospatial knowledge base to develop and operate gas fields. This includes the surveying, mapping and integration of all surface and subsurface data where the drilling location request is an important deliverable for the well delivery process.
- Establish a fit for purpose geo-information IT infrastructure that supports Shell Development Oman (SDO) operations partnering with Information Technology (IT).
- Ensure that geodata gathering plans reflect Shell’s requirements and are executed in a compliance with these plans, guaranteeing quality of data. The geodata is critical for de-risking and uncertainty reduction of Shell’s development plans.
- Establish relationships, procedures and data specifications with Partners’ Geomatics t and the national Oil & Gas Data Repository (OGDR) to ensure that all relevant data is available to support SDO’s business decisions and to obtain, QC and store the data generated by the field operations as executed by partners according to the applicable Shell Geomatics standard.
- Ensure that geodetic integrity is safeguarded of data and correctly translated to surface positions as seismic and well operations require throughout the data flow
- Assure the geomatics aspects of well delivery process and engineering activities
- Quality Control (QC) the as-built data as provided to SDO as a result of operations and manage the data in appropriate systems.
- Acquire geo-information as appropriate for SDO’s operations levering Shell’s existing frameworks and contracts and the OGDR.
- Pro-actively deliver geo-information to the SDO organisation and stakeholders like the Ministry of Oil & Gas (MOG), OGDR as required and as per Shell’s suite of delivery mechanisms.
- Implement a lean but efficient customer-oriented Geomatics organisation servicing all upstream activities.
- Act as role model in a safety culture and ensure safety and integrity are forefront in the day-to-day planning and execution of Geomatics operations.
- Ensure that opportunities that can benefit from advanced technologies are identified and pursued in cooperation with associated groups.
- Co-ordinate internal and external interfaces and manage their resolution. A particularly important aspect of this role will be effective influencing of joint venture partners.
- Support the field development plan Coordinate with the Front-End Engineering Lead and Well Engineering to ensure that subsurface development plans are fully integrated with wells and surface facility development plans.